Realism War Game!

What mods to use?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What mods to use?

What do you mean? Everything is scaled up by 1000 but that's why the budgets were too. But comparatively I was actually getting cheaper prices somehow in MJ than in MCE.

And yeah I don't see why not, you'll just have to find someone to buy!

Yeah, reopened now! Still hasn't started yet, the teams need to be finalized. I haven't heard from everyone yet. But it can start whenever, I think I will give Dragon Army first go now.

If DA wishes to start then they get two days before they need to surrender the persistent file, at which point we will move in order of teams listed. Stealth_Eagle: if you want to start, you can download the persistent whenever, just notify me/the thread.

Yeah, reopened now! Still hasn't started yet, the teams need to be finalized. I haven't heard from everyone yet. But it can start whenever, I think I will give Dragon Army first go now.

If DA wishes to start then they get two days before they need to surrender the persistent file, at which point we will move in order of teams listed. Stealth_Eagle: if you want to start, you can download the persistent whenever, just notify me/the thread.

We can start. I just need to talk to my teammate before the 48 hour timer begins.

Cool cool. That's up to you since you're going first! When you start you'll be creating the persistent so I suppose there won't be anything to download; like I said just mark when you start.

Also guys, I added a couple mods to the list, intended to cut down on parts in our crafts.

Edited by horndgmium

this thread need to be recovered

and a request please.

and 1 more mod to the game data folder would you?

this one

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/61717-InfiniteDice-ICE-An-alternative-Engine-Module-for-Atmospheric-Vehicles

he's also the author of the skillful mod, and it is awesome....

Possibly I will, but I haven't used it so I don't know what it's like. What does it do?

I was also considering adding boat parts... carriers might count for points too. What do you guys think?

@Queso thanks again so much. I'll link to all of the mods on the front page, but not redistribute.

Edited by horndgmium

Have you all even started yet? (Rhetorical)

Not really, do you know why?

You keep adding mods and changing teams.

The key to a successful challenge like this is K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Stupid.

You add to many mods, you bog down everyone, you keep adjusting the mods so everyone is happy no one will ever agree. You add to many teams to accommodate everyone and no one will ever get to play. This is the internet, and not a comic book store where you can put together teams and play in person that day. This challenge is 37 pages soon to be 38 pages long and you all have yet to take 1 turn.

Not yelling at you all just being the voice of reason.

Possibly I will, but I haven't used it so I don't know what it's like. What does it do?

I was also considering adding boat parts... carriers might count for points too. What do you guys think?

@Queso thanks again so much. I'll link to all of the mods on the front page, but not redistribute.

sure. since that 3 mods (skillfull, ICE, Boat parts) are created by the same person and is intended to work with each other

Cool thread.

Just a few technical points:

Skillful was made to run turn-based and that is why I created some hands off guardian units, they add an element of defense. When it comes to performance you want to have your bases at least 20 - 30km apart. This allows unneeded vessels to unload. Also AAA guns track in a 3km sphere, I don't suggest using more than 2 guns per 3km area, more than that decreases performance. There is also an upper limit for bombs and guns firing at full rate. This really comes down to your computer and how amazing it is, HE bombs fragment on detonation, and depending on the mass of the HE bomb, there are many fragments that are created and have to be calculated, be aware of this when you are loading 12 x 2000lb HE bombs on your bomber! :) If you plain suck at bombing - you can drop a singular tallboy or daisycutter in either HE or Incendiary, the area effect should be upwards of 300+m, making accuracy a little less important unless attacking something like a battleship turret.

When I was writing up Skillful I envisioned 5 - 15 minute turns, played over skype between two people. Having many people per team is interesting. Perhaps alternating like: team Red player 1, team Blue player 1, team Red player 2....... etc. Would keep it moving faster. The only 2 people needed on the skype call would be the acting player and at least one observer from the other side to keep track of the timer/be a witness.

Just tossing ideas out here, do as thou wilt!

• There is a part in skillful that is simply an Icon or insignia. Make dupes of the CFG and edit that, I include instructions either in the readme or the manual that shows you how to set up a bunch of insignias for teams.

Let me know what features you'd like to see when it comes to mechanics, more teams etc. I'll see what I can do for the next update.

Later.

Right, well, horn specifically said I could moderate (proof:https://imgur.com/eYAEjKn), and I see this is not-started far too long. Like hodo said, K.I.S.S. That means that 1.) I will remove a few rules and 2.) I will take down a few mods, and not allow any more, unless I feel it is necessary for the game. Also, because not everyone playing has a Skype, an IRC chat channel will be opened, and only people who are currently playing can get in it. I will manage the server.

Anyway, Once DA is aware I'm trying to keep this alive, the list shall be:

1.) Dragon Army

2.) Orange Team

3.) Blue Team

4.) Green Team

5.) Ãœber Empire

6.) Red Team

I am assigning flags to every team, found here. (also, I did a stupid and forgot DA's flag, it's right here) The reason my flag is so big is because it's a custom made flag, so it's much bigger. Speaking of, if any team wishes to send in their own custom made flag, or disagrees with my selection, do not be afraid to tell me!

Yes, I deliberately made it so 2-people teams would go first.

Come on, let's get going people!

One thing: Does anyone use firespitter here?

Edited by Uberlyuber

Hey guys, I'm back with a new computer, which I'm testing to see if it works with all the mods. It should, but just in case. Is it too late to join in again?

Nope, I'm just waiting for Dragon Army to join in.

is this things running yet ??? and is it working with the new 0.24 64 bit ??

I can almost guarantee they won't, not all the mods are .24 compatible.

oh. sh - wlgnealrng - t. Well, in that case, the worst case scenario is that we will have to start over again (!), and in the best case all the mods are .24 compatible, which they aren't. Anyone have any ideas?

Btw, I made an IRC channel. Grab an IRC client (I suggest mIRC) and join #KspWarChannel if you want.

Also, if we have to start over, I made a forum dedicated to this kind of warfare, which I will use if we have to. Who says there's anything bad 'bout a contingency plan?

Edited by Uberlyuber

Well, for one, we haven't started yet. I was suppose to start the save file. So I guess we are waiting on mods to update and I joined the forum.

True, true.

Hey, TJP said he was testing the mods, how are they working so far?

To prevent a total loss of crafts (I.e stealth), we should back up or crags, whether it be on Google Drive or on Dropbox, we really should.

Edited by Uberlyuber

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.