What little thing do YOU think should be added to KSP?

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 5:12 AM, Landge said:

Please, give your flight crew Kerbals AI. Having them standing around like manikins is so unkerbal of them. Kerbals are full of curiosity and wonderment. Give them the ability to wander around on their own and interact with the ship and environment when not the point of focus. Path finding and collision detection so they can bump into things, not pass through them like they do in the VAB/SPH. It would be cool to see then entering/exiting hatches, climbing ladders, repairing things on their own without your direct input. Jetpacks and jumping too, Not too far or too high though. Don't want them going off into orbit :lol:. In IVA view have them looking around, flipping switches and such. If the cabin is big enough, getting in and out of their seats to wander about the cabin.

YES.

More sizes of Mk1 liquid fuel tanks--the same size as the FL-T100/200/800 tanks, but LF only.  

Also, more wet wings!  I would suggest a few:
--wing with 200-250 fuel and 2-3 lift
--delta wing with 100 fuel and 1 lift (same fuel and lift as the strake, but a delta shape)
--square wing with 100 fuel and 1 lift (same size as wing connector C) 

A balancing of the current wet wings--The fuel/lift ratio is all over the place.  Strake: 100, Delta: 60, Main wing: 64.  If anything, the strake should hold less fuel, somewhere between 55-70.

Speaking of the Big-S strake, it's model seems way off compared to other aero surfaces that produce the same lift (1).  The regular strake is about the same (visual) size, but has half the lift.

Edited by zolotiyeruki

15 hours ago, zolotiyeruki said:

More sizes of Mk1 liquid fuel tanks--the same size as the FL-T100/200/800 tanks, but LF only.  

[...]

I dont know... why not simply equalize the ratio at which engines combust oxidizer and liquid fuel, so that both are used at the same rate, and then have the fuel tanks have one capacity over all of its contents, instead of seperate capacities for each? That may not be realistic, but for gameplay reasons i´d prefer that over more, almost identical, parts.

Maybe the Nerva would need another little balancing tweek after that. But all variety in the fuel tank department could be limited to size and shape and you could fill them with whatever you need, be it monoprepellant, LF, oxidizer or ion fuel (and whatever else modders might come up with). Maybe a function to color tanks (via the right-click menu) would be useful here - possibly with an optional auto-color scheme for various kinds of fuel.

What i would not be entirely sure about is, wether a single fuel tank should then be able to hold various fuel-kinds. If consumption ratio of LF to OX was always 1:1, you could just attach two tanks of the same size, filling one with LF, the other with OX. So, maybe, by default at the beginning of career, only one kind of load per tank should be allowed and either techs or building upgrades could increase that number.

UI-wise, there could be an extra line above the fuel-tank section in the SPH/VAB, allowing the player to choose what the tanks he is attaching are filled with. If you are yet only allowed to fill any tank with one kind of fuel, you can only have one of these selected at any time. As that number increases during your career-game, you can have more fuel-types selected and tanks that you attach to your ship get auto-filled with the selected fuels in equal proportions.

The right-click menu would otherwise as is (for further tweeking), with the exception, that the number of items on that list can be reduced and expanded (upto the limit mentioned above) and reduction of one amount will increase capacity for the other(s), too, and vice versa. It would feature little + and - buttons like the stage-list, when applicable (e.g. "-" only when at least 2 types are loaded, to delete one, "+" only when the number of types has not reached the limit, yet).

One small thing I was thinking about today is surface samples and how lame they are. I cannot begin to describe how disappointed I was the first time I landed on the Mun, walked about 500m to a giant rock (didn't even know about EVA RCS), and then walked through it.

Somebody mentioned surface sample animations. That'd be neat. What I'd really love to see are real rocks, some of which contain interesting materials. I'd like to have a reason to visit a particular crater, collect surface samples, and gather information about the object that made the crater. Maybe some geode-like rocks, where there's a chance that the rock you're performing a surface sample on has something special inside, like exotic crystals, or some ultra-rare element. In general, I want to see science get fleshed out in the game—more experiments, more tools, more types of science to be done.

Procedural terrain damage.  You crash your ship, you've dug a crater.

Collision damage models for all parts.

Visual CoM, Cp, Cl, with toggle buttons on pod.

Real windows on the pods.  

These are just a few...  I have a lot of ideas.

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/04/2016 at 8:48 PM, GraviTykillz said:

Color! 

The ability to customize my planes and rockets.

Stock Clouds.

That is all....

There is a mod called kerbpaint or something that lets you colour parts... just thought you might want to check it out. Not sure if it's updated yet though..

Edited by TheEpicSquared

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.