Add cable (rope) for secures EVAs

I think about that viewing a documentary about space.

of course, the rope would be binding because it could make knots into parts of spaceship.

the jet pack is very convenient, but if you must go out retrieve modules at high speed you can lose your ship quickly.

The rope would also be useful for rescue missions.

Computationally, modelling a rope is very expensive. Is that worth the processor real-estate just to have prettier EVA?

I doesn't know anything about software development, seen as its its not worth a secure EVA.

(Sorry for bad translate)

Computationally, modelling a rope is very expensive. It's essentially a chain of sticks with hinges, the more sticks the closer to reality. Is that worth the processor real-estate just to have prettier EVA?

KAS offers that for free at the mod section. Am I missing something?

hmm why not write a plugin for KAS that cause new sticks with hinges to form within the cable only when in contact with an object/entity whic then reverts back after contact ends...

just a thought and i have zero knowledge of programming so if i am wrong, i'm wrong

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.