Kerbal Corp Wars!

StrahmDude

Yeah.....im really sorry for walking so far behind but I got all excited from the positive reactions on my weapons so I started creating but then RL came with it's hammer and made me work

It's fine :) as long as you come back.

Since you are the trader and not one of the fighters, I won't push you to be on as much as I will the others.

okay and this just hit me, i have an idea that involves chaos inc and Gilman's corporation (still need a name for that) i have put in the history that the satellites have been taken down and decommissioned but there are sure to be remainments of them and thanks to those remainments a story can be put together, i'm not going in to much detail intentionally cause that is part of the stories plot and such

edit:

and i can narrate stuff if you guys want to/ even if i don't have profesonal stuuf ^^"

Edited by delfiler

It's fine :) as long as you come back.

Since you are the trader and not one of the fighters, I won't push you to be on as much as I will the others.

Long live the fighters!

But seriously thats alright with me and seems fair

- - - Updated - - -

okay and this just hit me, i have an idea that involves chaos inc and Gilman's corporation (still need a name for that) i have put in the history that the satellites have been taken down and decommissioned but there are sure to be remainments of them and thanks to those remainments a story can be put together, i'm not going in to much detail intentionally cause that is part of the stories plot and such

edit:

and i can narrate stuff if you guys want to/ even if i don't have profesonal stuuf ^^"

That brings up a good point: how are we going to post recordings and such?

Edited by choninja21

Dark Multiplayer updates on Halloween (10/31). Looks like we'll be test recording sometime in November.

Alright everyone! We has a deadline! I know that hyper edit it up to date, so we know we will at the latest start a week after that, but no late! If you aren't ready you will be left behind.

edit:

I've had some ideas for the story. Can you fill in he timetable thing, so we can stay in contact and talk about the story? I have some ideas with the ksp police being involved :)

back on topic with the last things!

4 things!

1) How often should we start a new turn? Should we do it once a week or just have people let us know when they finish it, so when everyone is finished we start a new one?

2) Should we do any ship recycling? What I mean by that is if, for example, one of Macy's fighters lost it's from docking port. Should we put something in where he can turn that ship into BP or he can get it fixed at the trader?

3) Should chaos inc have a planet? You are the trader, but maybe you will want to store ships on it and buildings that you can sell... You won't be able to get resources from the planet. You are already gonna get tones of build points. Also if yes should we see about switching moho for duna? He did call dibs first.

4) If yes should we do 1 of 2 things.

A) make the mun available for claiming.

B) make everyone only start with 2 planets.

Let me explain 2 a bit more and give the trader a bit more detail on his role, the idea is he refuels you and stocks you in deep space away from kerbin.

He is the trader. He can sell you ships, weapons and fuel for BP. I think the mun thing would be definitely possible. Defiler? What do you think?

It would cost him 2 BP to refuel a entire stations, so he can refuel your fleet for 4 BP and make a 100% profit. It's his discretion on the price.

I was just talking about, for example, having a small fighter that is half destroyed worth 40BP and you can pay 30BP to have it fully restored or retire it and get 10BP back.

In response to 1 i think we will have one turn equal three months in game(however long it may take in recording time) time warp will obiously be used

2) perhaps you could sell ships to the trader for scrap BP but it would be reduced from original value and the trader would also need to get some benifits from this transaction

3) delfiler what do you want to do? You are after all the trader

an idea i had that somewhat relates to the intelligence idea: you get influence which can be spent on influencing the actions of the ksp(police), this would be similar to having control of the Papal States and as a result have te ability to call a crusade( in the game you could get the ksp to focus in one particular corp) this is just an idea let me know what you think

In response to 1 i think we will have one turn equal three months in game(however long it may take in recording time) time warp will obiously be used

2) perhaps you could sell ships to the trader for scrap BP but it would be reduced from original value and the trader would also need to get some benifits from this transaction

3) delfiler what do you want to do? You are after all the trader

an idea i had that somewhat relates to the intelligence idea: you get influence which can be spent on influencing the actions of the ksp(police), this would be similar to having control of the Papal States and as a result have te ability to call a crusade( in the game you could get the ksp to focus in one particular corp) this is just an idea let me know what you think

I've got some ideas for story too.

That idea is alright. Idk how that would be balanced though

Also xgu28 pm me your skype username

Also, three months is a long time in game. What about something shorter. Just think ALL of the Spirit of Kerbin videos took place within two in game years and that includes things off camera that ran the clock.

Edited by choninja21

back on topic with the last things!

4 things!

1) How often should we start a new turn? Should we do it once a week or just have people let us know when they finish it, so when everyone is finished we start a new one?

2) Should we do any ship recycling? What I mean by that is if, for example, one of Macy's fighters lost it's from docking port. Should we put something in where he can turn that ship into BP or he can get it fixed at the trader?

3) Should chaos inc have a planet? You are the trader, but maybe you will want to store ships on it and buildings that you can sell... You won't be able to get resources from the planet. You are already gonna get tones of build points. Also if yes should we see about switching moho for duna? He did call dibs first.

4) If yes should we do 1 of 2 things.

A) make the mun available for claiming.

B) make everyone only start with 2 planets.

Let me explain 2 a bit more and give the trader a bit more detail on his role, the idea is he refuels you and stocks you in deep space away from kerbin.

He is the trader. He can sell you ships, weapons and fuel for BP. I think the mun thing would be definitely possible. Defiler? What do you think?

It would cost him 2 BP to refuel a entire stations, so he can refuel your fleet for 4 BP and make a 100% profit. It's his discretion on the price.

I was just talking about, for example, having a small fighter that is half destroyed worth 40BP and you can pay 30BP to have it fully restored or retire it and get 10BP back.

I talked with defiler and he is satisfied with having Moho. Even though he's the trader, I think he should be able to get involved with some battles if he is able to make a given recording session.

I've got some ideas for story too.

That idea is alright. Idk how that would be balanced though

Also xgu28 pm me your skype username

Also, three months is a long time in game. What about something shorter. Just think ALL of the Spirit of Kerbin videos took place within two in game years and that includes things off camera that ran the clock.

Think about how long it will take to go from kerbin to duna or jool, or moho. Also since we won't be waiting for windows.

Think about how long it will take to go from kerbin to duna or jool, or moho. Also since we won't be waiting for windows.

If we're not waiting for windows then how will we get to our desitantions? If we use hyperedit it makes a month in game time longer.

I'm fine with Moho now and the mun isn't very handy you know, I mean it's pretty close to kerbin and if your ship happens to pass the mun if it needs to go anywhere the owner of the mun has all the rights to say "INVASION!" and start 'nuking' your ship.

And I will do my best to fight for duna cause it's harder to get to in the first place, and even with a window you need to time it. I can get to moho with my intentional ships for duna and have some fuel over only thing for my buildings is that I need to build spacecranes* and that won't be a problem, I have landed dozens of things on the mun so moho will be easy

*spacecrane: Same as a skycrane but then for planets with no atmosphere

And for the repairing I think that depends how bad the the ship has been damaged, I mean if you got to the trader on a ship with 1 engine while it has 9 (over exaturating I know) then you earned my respect and I will chip off on the price but if you have like a few armor pieces missing then you will have to pay normally and the price depends on the missing pieces, I mean if you miss like the plate that covers the ships 'core' and nothing else to bad normal price but if you fly in a ship that is just holding to gether with duck tape (pun is intended) then I will chip of but I can only judge on how it looks

But the repairing brings a problem, there is no (except for wheels and landing gear) repair for ships so I say get a new ship with some of the price cut off depending on the ships status

And if you guys use hyper edit then we need to talk about that and set up rules for that, cause sure you can go to your planet instantly but others can too with their bloody attack fleet, and then you will be bummed out

And then the use of police. If some one I mighty and powerful they can bend the police to do their dirty work or have them aid in battle whilst the one being attacked CAN'T attack the police at kerbin to weaken their forces, but against others he can so an automatic disadvantage AND it breaks protocol as stayed in the history and somewhere around here the police is for kerbin self to prevent battles in kerbin space, this as well counters possession of the mun and gilly (correct me I it's the wrong moon) and if it is allowed it's again against the protocol, so we really need to think about that

So let me know what you guys think of it

Edited by delfiler

If we're not waiting for windows then how will we get to our desitantions? If we use hyperedit it makes a month in game time longer.

We are ony using hyper edit to get to space. NOT travel through it.

Also I mean we can't wait for windows so it will probably take a year to travel to jool sometimes.

I'm fine with Moho now and the mun isn't very handy you know, I mean it's pretty close to kerbin and if your ship happens to pass the mun if it needs to go anywhere the owner of the mun has all the rights to say "INVASION!" and start 'nuking' your ship.

And I will do my best to fight for duna cause it's harder to get to in the first place, and even with a window you need to time it. I can get to moho with my intentional ships for duna and have some fuel over only thing for my buildings is that I need to build spacecranes* and that won't be a problem, I have landed dozens of things on the mun so moho will be easy

*spacecrane: Same as a skycrane but then for planets with no atmosphere

And for the repairing I think that depends how bad the the ship has been damaged, I mean if you got to the trader on a ship with 1 engine while it has 9 (over exaturating I know) then you earned my respect and I will chip off on the price but if you have like a few armor pieces missing then you will have to pay normally and the price depends on the missing pieces, I mean if you miss like the plate that covers the ships 'core' and nothing else to bad normal price but if you fly in a ship that is just holding to gether with duck tape (pun is intended) then I will chip of but I can only judge on how it looks

But the repairing brings a problem, there is no (except for wheels and landing gear) repair for ships so I say get a new ship with some of the price cut off depending on the ships status

And if you guys use hyper edit then we need to talk about that and set up rules for that, cause sure you can go to your planet instantly but others can too with their bloody attack fleet, and then you will be bummed out

And then the use of police. If some one I mighty and powerful they can bend the police to do their dirty work or have them aid in battle whilst the one being attacked CAN'T attack the police at kerbin to weaken their forces, but against others he can so an automatic disadvantage AND it breaks protocol as stayed in the history and somewhere around here the police is for kerbin self to prevent battles in kerbin space, this as well counters possession of the mun and gilly (correct me I it's the wrong moon) and if it is allowed it's again against the protocol, so we really need to think about that

So let me know what you guys think of it

Let me clear something up. Hyper edit will be used to help move around the ksp police if need and getting in orbit around KERBAIN. No were else! Only in limited circumstances can you tp it to another planet.

Secondly, with repairing a ship, I would say we leave it to the judging of the trader the BP you get/it costs, so it makes having him on your good side a whole lot better.

Also with the planet. You cannot build buildings. You already have the special stations you can build around planets (Which you can hyperedit to their location) with are really powerful, can go around Every celestial body and you get .75 BP per turn per celestial body that has one part around it.

Why does it counter possession of gilly?

p.s. Should I keep the trader counting as a civilian, or allow people to attack him? The thing is he is going to be building a lot of ships.

Let me clear something up. Hyper edit will be used to help move around the ksp police if need and getting in orbit around KERBAIN. No were else! Only in limited circumstances can you tp it to another planet.

Secondly, with repairing a ship, I would say we leave it to the judging of the trader the BP you get/it costs, so it makes having him on your good side a whole lot better.

Also with the planet. You cannot build buildings. You already have the special stations you can build around planets (Which you can hyperedit to their location) with are really powerful, can go around Every celestial body and you get .75 BP per turn per celestial body that has one part around it.

Why does it counter possession of gilly?

p.s. Should I keep the trader counting as a civilian, or allow people to attack him? The thing is he is going to be building a lot of ships.

I think the trader should be a combatant but it would be in the other corps best interests to not attack him. However we should leave the option open if he or someone else wants to attack.

The reason why I want to not use hyper edit to get to other planets is I think that would start pushing it from the convenience to game changing. Besides, moving a fleet there will give the person at that planet some warning of you coming and allow them to prepare instead of tping there.

The reason why I want to not use hyper edit to get to other planets is I think that would start pushing it from the convenience to game changing. Besides, moving a fleet there will give the person at that planet some warning of you coming and allow them to prepare instead of tping there.

Oh ok makes sense now

remaining issues/confirmations:

1) What is the maximum number of real days we should spend on a turn?

2) Are we going to treat recycling as small damage 25% BP spend or 75%, moderate damage (a little under half) 50% paid or back, and heavy damage (little over half the ship is gone) 75% to repair 25% back. Then if it's damaged past that then it is considered destroyed, and it would cost more to repair it than to buy a new one. The trader would be able to add a fee on top of this or discount if he chooses to pay out of his pocket.

3) Should I make the mun available so everyone can have 3 planets or should I make ut so everyone can only have 2?

remaining issues/confirmations:

1) What is the maximum number of real days we should spend on a turn?

2) Are we going to treat recycling as small damage 25% BP spend or 75%, moderate damage (a little under half) 50% paid or back, and heavy damage (little over half the ship is gone) 75% to repair 25% back. Then if it's damaged past that then it is considered destroyed, and it would cost more to repair it than to buy a new one. The trader would be able to add a fee on top of this or discount if he chooses to pay out of his pocket.

3) Should I make the mun available so everyone can have 3 planets or should I make ut so everyone can only have 2?

Add the Mun. The more the merrier

I would say three days per turn. But idk.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.