Kerbal Corp Wars!

StrahmDude

I just thought of a thing we can all do with our individual youtube channels. Each of us can make propaganda videos, news reels, or other such things in order to simulate what corporations such as ours would put out in order to win public opinion, inform their supporters of victories, etc. It will also help add to the story as the viewers can learn the perspective of each corp on certain issues and/or battles

Edited by choninja21

I just thought of a thing we can all do with our individual youtube channels. Each of us can make propaganda videos, news reels, or other such things in order to simulate what corporations such as ours would put out in order to win public opinion, inform their supporters of victories, etc. It will also help add to the story as the viewers can learn the perspective of each corp on certain issues and/or battles

You sir get a gold star.

​Warning! Epiphany alert!

Guys, I just thought of something. I realize that avoiding kerbals is going to be very hard and I don't want the ksp police to come after every battle, so I thought of a way around this. We don't have to get rid of the ksp police.

Here is the idea: (warning it may be a bit dark, but it will justify everything.)

1) Kerban is in a state of depression. Currently the economy is very poor, making people take any job they can get and the government restrictions on jobs lowers, so there can be more jobs and the economy can be boosted.

2) This makes it so people would be willing to become part of our "military" especially when we all try to avoid killing. The poor economy can also help explain why the ships are so cheap! (AKA only pay cost of the ship and not launchers, and explains discounts!)

3) This means that we are able to do this, because it will create a whole lot more jobs and raise the need for scientists. Not to mention the expensive stuff being brought back!

4) This would help cause 2 things.

a) We can do propoganda about each others corps to gain favor and more support, we can do "incidents" on kerban that stir up the heat for war and this adds a bit more competition, but mainly, because we want the better people on our side.

B) This could lead into the creation of factions and stuff and not to mention into a entire story arc if we do it right (hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge, kick kick, punch punch)

Also note, that the corp personality doesn't create your whole personality, it is just your beginning stance. We are all still playing living beings (kerbals) and we can all be reasonable :)

Start the propoganda plans and start the story arc writing!

Guys, I just thought of something. I realize that avoiding kerbals is going to be very hard and I don't want the ksp police to come after every battle, so I thought of a way around this. We don't have to get rid of the ksp police.

Here is the idea: (warning it may be a bit dark, but it will justify everything.)

1) Kerban is in a state of depression. Currently the economy is very poor, making people take any job they can get and the government restrictions on jobs lowers, so there can be more jobs and the economy can be boosted.

2) This makes it so people would be willing to become part of our "military" especially when we all try to avoid killing. The poor economy can also help explain why the ships are so cheap! (AKA only pay cost of the ship and not launchers, and explains discounts!)

3) This means that we are able to do this, because it will create a whole lot more jobs and raise the need for scientists. Not to mention the expensive stuff being brought back!

a) We can do propoganda about each others corps to gain favor and more support, we can do "incidents" on kerban that stir up the heat for war and this adds a bit more competition, but mainly, because we want the better people on our side.

B) This could lead into the creation of factions and stuff and not to mention into a entire story arc if we do it right (hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge, kick kick, punch punch)

Also note, that the corp personality doesn't create your whole personality, it is just your beginning stance. We are all still playing living beings (kerbals) and we can all be reasonable :)

Freaking genius! :D

in Depression the police will have less funding and cant respond to every call in the solar system. Also this has some historicalness(is that a word?) the depression in Europe gave way to powerful fascists(the corps in this instance). There could be some tension because all the corps have different ideas on how to deal with the economy.

it seems that changes to the timeline should be made then if we are to use this storyline

in Depression the police will have less funding and cant respond to every call in the solar system. Also this has some historicalness(is that a word?) the depression in Europe gave way to powerful fascists(the corps in this instance). There could be some tension because all the corps have different ideas on how to deal with the economy.

it seems that changes to the timeline should be made then if we are to use this storyline

Indeed. Also I get to use my photoshop skills for evil now. :D

That isn't fair! You should at least try to help us occasionally if you are going to cheat like that :P

Sigh. Fine. Fine. :P Everyone gets one free. I'll work out some sort of template for you guys to use in the future. XD

Edited by choninja21
I'm an idiot

I was thinking we should have the intro to all our vids include a segment in which a kerbal is planting our flags on our respective surfaces

respective surfaces? Please elaborate.

also we have had a request to add this mod:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/89072-0-25-Kerbsplosions-Pre-Alpha-2

I would personally like to keep from adding mods, but it is a group decision never the less.

Hey guys,

i sadly can not join you this weekend (again :( )

I hope this gets better the next times, otherwise i get really frustrated

We will try to fill you in, luckly you are a trader and foreign, so there isn't much that will require you to be on with thus, thus the reason the role was created.

- - - Updated - - -

I vote no on the mod

2 votes no, anyone else? Tell me if you abstain.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.