Kerbal Corp Wars!

StrahmDude

Just a quick question about ships here, If I have say a carrier, Am I allowed to have weapons mounted to my carrier, and secondly if not, Can my carrier deploy a small weapons platform I made, sort of jump in unload fighters deploy Mobile missile platform, get out, And if so would said missile platform count as a satellite weapon? or Other?, It's about the size of a small satellite btw.

Just a quick question about ships here, If I have say a carrier, Am I allowed to have weapons mounted to my carrier, and secondly if not, Can my carrier deploy a small weapons platform I made, sort of jump in unload fighters deploy Mobile missile platform, get out, And if so would said missile platform count as a satellite weapon? or Other?, It's about the size of a small satellite btw.

You can mount weapons on a carrier, but the weapons cannot be fired by the carrier. AKA weapon storage for the fighters. Also yes you can deploy and leave, but everything you deploy must be fighters, but the fighters can be drones. Other is mainly a category for fuel/weapon carriers, tug drones, and etc.

Satellite weapons can only be mounted over your planet as a defence.

I hope that answers your question! Let me know if you need any clarification or have other questions.

You can mount weapons on a carrier, but the weapons cannot be fired by the carrier. AKA weapon storage for the fighters. Also yes you can deploy and leave, but everything you deploy must be fighters, but the fighters can be drones. Other is mainly a category for fuel/weapon carriers, tug drones, and etc.

Satellite weapons can only be mounted over your planet as a defence.

I hope that answers your question! Let me know if you need any clarification or have other questions.

So is there a ship class allowed to deploy such a weapons platform? It's not technicly a sattelite but rather a mobile weapons platform

I will be updating the server today, so it should be back online like less than a hour after this post. I hope to start recording turns and figure out what to do about the intro tomorrow.

I'm still on the way back from vacation but I should be good for tomorrow.

There is weird gravity space time events that end up blowing up the fleets we put in orbit.

Why not create a massive docking unit and dock you entire fleet to it? It was also stop them drifting away from eachother whilst in time accleleration, Sorry I'm just guessing here XD

Why not create a massive docking unit and dock you entire fleet to it? It was also stop them drifting away from eachother whilst in time accleleration, Sorry I'm just guessing here XD

That is easier said that done, because we would have to create a subassembly for each ship, so we could dock it before we launch it. That or dock it after launch. Not a bad idea, but kinda hard to do. We can try some workarounds and stuff.

That is easier said that done, because we would have to create a subassembly for each ship, so we could dock it before we launch it. That or dock it after launch. Not a bad idea, but kinda hard to do. We can try some workarounds and stuff.

Yeah but making a subassembly shouldn't be too hard because we have new tools, especially the root tool

Yeah but making a subassembly shouldn't be too hard because we have new tools, especially the root tool

You can't just grab something by the cockpit and put it in, but maybe with the root tool you could manage it. I don't understand the root

You can't just grab something by the cockpit and put it in, but maybe with the root tool you could manage it. I don't understand the root

I know how to use it, I just select a part in the middile of the ship, and Then you select the part you want as the root, such as a docking port or whatever. - Oh and I ve got some eye candy for you.

screenshot1_zpse8358c67.png

screenshot2_zpsac82efd9.png

screenshot3_zps1620c45a.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.