Kerbal Corp Wars!

StrahmDude

Please come and join us! We would be happy to have you. You can be any be any sort of corp you want. Even a press corp.

That brings me into my next topic of discussion! Visibility.

How should we treat the visibility of of your ships? I have 3 ideas

1. In order to keep your troops "invisible" to radar aka other corps from seeing them you have to launch a signal bouncing satellite that is visible to everyone that would make your guys invisible. I was thinking 1 per 2 planets round down minimum 1. That way people can take it down, but as long as they are up, no one will know about how many troops you have or where they are. Adds surprise.

2. The only way you can know about troops is seeing them, and to even know how many ships they have, you have to keep track of the ones lost in battle. Everyone sees you launch a vessel. You can't hide that on kerbain. Again adds surprise tactic.

3. Everyone is visible. Go plan and simple, no additional rules or complications.

Also I was thinking of doing something to the tune of, if you catch a kerbal in a super carrier, or carrier or some super important kerbal that we all would be required to have one of, you would be able to hear all of the plans that a person makes and order they issue for 1 turn. What do you guys think? Kind of like temporarily crack the encryption with their "given" knowledge? Or is that to much and should we just do a know the plans and things about the army they were commanding.

This was sort of along the lines that i was thinking.

What i was actually thinking was that each person sets all their crafts to probe/station/rover/ship and make it so they can only see that type of craft. In order to see other's stuff you could send up spy satellites or set up embassies at their base, you would obviously have to manually change what you can see.

Intelligence is a whole different story, i hadn't given much thought to it. What i have thought about is hostages, which could provide some interesting game play. Also(this is just an idea i've been thinking about) what if we incorporated a chance aspect to capturing kerbals, something to do with dice maybe, a bit like Risk works. I don't know though, let me know what you think

hm, is this open for anyone to join?

If so, I might build some ion-driven probe and hang around battles, recording for the press.

Would seem pretty cool to me.

you haven't responded in a bit. I would think adding you would make things a whole lot more interesting!

guys i was looking through the thread and someone(i forget who sry) posted a bunch of ships including the roach. I think that the roach is actually a good idea,you need intel on what the enemy has and the roach would also distract some enemy fire(maybe). Also i was thinking to add realism when ur in a dogfight u should fight in iva mode which could make things more interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Ultraflight welcome yah it is there is space for you if you want to join

- - - Updated - - -

i like the press idea that would be pretty cool

First, sorry for missing this. Also I agree, the press idea is awesome!

Secondly the idea is that you are a commander and these are highly train pilots, so that would just be annoying :/ Like the idea though! Maybe we could use that for something else? I will keep a note of it for any future things we may/may not do.

Lastly, I don't want to add to many mechanics, so that it is simple and easy to follow. It also leaves less possible holes in the rules :/

Thank you for your suggestions and please keep them up! This is what I want!

This was sort of along the lines that i was thinking.

What i was actually thinking was that each person sets all their crafts to probe/station/rover/ship and make it so they can only see that type of craft. In order to see other's stuff you could send up spy satellites or set up embassies at their base, you would obviously have to manually change what you can see.

Intelligence is a whole different story, i hadn't given much thought to it. What i have thought about is hostages, which could provide some interesting game play. Also(this is just an idea i've been thinking about) what if we incorporated a chance aspect to capturing kerbals, something to do with dice maybe, a bit like Risk works. I don't know though, let me know what you think

I was thinking that if they are in the wreckage, and you can subdue them and store them, then you have yourself a hostage!

Also I don't want to make the intelligence system too complicated, because then it would take awhile to figure out what you can see, because it would be too easy to make errors.

Lastly, I forgot to mention this in my explanation, the trader is just a outside force created to let people from different timezone, enough that battles would be hard, to still play and have a effect on the game.

P.s. thank you for responding. I am happy that you are so active in this.

Also here are the way to long awaited examples!

small: http://sta.sh/09gy318tn19

medium: http://sta.sh/01ip6bshtw2i

large - whatever connections you want: http://sta.sh/06e4a3xeylm

There you are :) Hope this helps. Also the medium is a smart missile.

looks nice but you do know the medium one will run out of fuel super fast right? and i'm still gonna do this just being busy with making weapons and such so you guys just send me the link to the DMP and ip and such so that i can join

looks nice but you do know the medium one will run out of fuel super fast right? and i'm still gonna do this just being busy with making weapons and such so you guys just send me the link to the DMP and ip and such so that i can join

Just examples. I haven't tested them yet :P

Also the third one is literally just a example XD

By the way we will be starting as soon as we finish up building/buying ships, and visibility, so hopefully soon.

What do you think about max weapons adding to the cost? small adds .5, medium 1, and large 2. Also you can see our previous posts on visibility. Tell me what you think so we can af least get the base version ready for the test rounds (that we will be recording).

I recommend we all read the forum post about DMP and/or watch other people's videos about it so we can get a general idea on how it works.

I esd thinking we would ad leat look into other ones as well, however I have only heard good things about dark multiplayer.

Please come and join us! We would be happy to have you. You can be any be any sort of corp you want. Even a press corp.

That brings me into my next topic of discussion! Visibility.

How should we treat the visibility of of your ships? I have 3 ideas

1. In order to keep your troops "invisible" to radar aka other corps from seeing them you have to launch a signal bouncing satellite that is visible to everyone that would make your guys invisible. I was thinking 1 per 2 planets round down minimum 1. That way people can take it down, but as long as they are up, no one will know about how many troops you have or where they are. Adds surprise.

2. The only way you can know about troops is seeing them, and to even know how many ships they have, you have to keep track of the ones lost in battle. Everyone sees you launch a vessel. You can't hide that on kerbain. Again adds surprise tactic.

3. Everyone is visible. Go plan and simple, no additional rules or complications.

Also I was thinking of doing something to the tune of, if you catch a kerbal in a super carrier, or carrier or some super important kerbal that we all would be required to have one of, you would be able to hear all of the plans that a person makes and order they issue for 1 turn. What do you guys think? Kind of like temporarily crack the encryption with their "given" knowledge? Or is that to much and should we just do a know the plans and things about the army they were commanding.

I think that a combination of option one and two would be best. It would how be difficult to just ignore the "hidden" objects, your actions would inevitably be affected by those hidden objects, i thought that maybe we could use the see only certain types of objects(i touched on this in another post go look at it if you haven't) but perhaps this entire idea is getting too complicated so perhaps we should go for a simple approach(number three) would be better

I think that a combination of option one and two would be best. It would how be difficult to just ignore the "hidden" objects, your actions would inevitably be affected by those hidden objects, i thought that maybe we could use the see only certain types of objects(i touched on this in another post go look at it if you haven't) but perhaps this entire idea is getting too complicated so perhaps we should go for a simple approach(number three) would be better

I agree. I was wondering how something could be invisible in KSP to begin with. Unless there's so kind of cloaking device mod I'm not aware of...

Edited by choninja21
I'm a sucker for good grammar

I agree. I was wondering how something could be invisible in KSP to begin with. Unless there's so kind of cloaking device mod I'm not aware of...

when you are in ksp in map mode(or in the tracing station) you can mouse over the middle of the top and different icons pop up, if you click on those icons it changes whether you can see ships registered as that type of object(ie rover or probe). Separately you can change what your ship is registered as, thus allowing you(in theory) to only see your the objects you want to see.

There could be a mod but if there is i don't know of it.

Edited by xgu28
hail grammer

when you are in ksp in map mode(or in the tracing station) you can mouse over the middle of the top and different icons pop up, if you click on those icons it changes whether you can see ships registered as that type of object(ie rover or probe). Separately you can change what your ship is registered as, thus allowing you(in theory) to only see your the objects you want to see.

There could be a mod but if there is i don't know of it.

That's true but I'm too lazy to mess with any of the settings on the map mode most of the time :P

That's true but I'm too lazy to mess with any of the settings on the map mode most of the time :P

So are we agreeing on 3 for simplicity sake? It would make videos easier and give less of an edge to some of us just because we spend more outside time calculating.

So are we agreeing on 3 for simplicity sake? It would make videos easier and give less of an edge to some of us just because we spend more outside time calculating.

I agree! That reminds me, we need to set up some sort of folder or something so that we can look at others' ships, rovers, etc. and determine how much they cost. Also that I need to get batteries for my calculator so I can crunch some numbers and optimize my launch stages. :)

Edited by choninja21
Reasons

I agree! That reminds me, we need to set up some sort of folder or something so that we can look at others' ships, rovers, etc. and determine how much they cost. Also that I need to get batteries for my calculator so I can crunch some numbers and optimize my launch stages. :)

For getting out of the atmosphere, we will have infinite fuel for simplicity sake. Also yes we will have to do that folder thing. Just remember it is ship size + missiles.

For getting out of the atmosphere, we will have infinite fuel for simplicity sake. Also yes we will have to do that folder thing. Just remember it is ship size + missiles.

Sounds like a good idea. Although, even with infinite fuel unless you optimize your launch stage it's not going to lift off the ground.

Sounds like a good idea. Although, even with infinite fuel unless you optimize your launch stage it's not going to lift off the ground.

I had that problem with my battle ship. It has over 400 parts. Can you guys' computers run that? Also it is HUGE. It also has 8 large missile, and 8 medium smart missiles.

Also I would like to bring up capturing ships by sending kerbals in. What if it is just a 1 man command pod or the command pod is unreachable?

Edited by StrahmDude

I had that problem with my battle ship. It has over 400 parts. Can you guys' computers run that? Also it is HUGE. It also has 8 large missile, and 8 medium smart missiles.

Also I would like to bring up capturing ships by sending kerbals in. What if it is just a 1 man command pod or the command pod is unreachable?

Holy crap man! My battle ship is under 300 parts! We might want to have a part limit :P

Also I think capturing should only apply to ships with more than a one man crew

Edited by choninja21
censorship

Holy crap man! My battle ship is under 300 parts! We might want to have a part limit :P

Also I think capturing should only apply to ships with more than a one man crew

Well to be fair I am counting the missiles parts into it, and my medium missile are around 15 parts and the large are like 6.

Well..... Maybe..... I mean 2 large per carrier, or cruiser, or battleship. Maybe I could get rid of 2 or 4.... :P

Perhaps...

Also contrary to popular belief, you do not need your projectile to be powered all the way through contact. The kinetic energy alone should propel it to do enough damage.

Edited by choninja21
It seems as though I cannot read

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.