[1.1.2] Kerbin-Side (v1.1.0) & Supplements

AlphaAsh

After deleteing the medzous and kerbinside folders from my game data, installing it again from the all in 1 kerbinside pack, and getting 5th horseman`s fix, the textures are still bugged.

Screenshot Link:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=480862455

I need to know/see:

Version of KSP.

Windows or Linux. 32bit or 64 bit KSP.

Version of KerbinSide.

Version of Kerbal Konstructs.

List of mods.

Directory listing of GameData.

Path of KSP installation.

KSP.log from the root of that.

Edited by AlphaAsh

Version of KSP .90 (i use this because a lot of good mods are here like b9) Windows 64-bit, using 32-bit ksp (I thought 64-bit ksp was discontinued), Kerbinside, newest since I did download and reinstall today, kerbal konstructs I got it in the all in 1 download along with kerbinside. List of mods, Toolbar, USI Tools, Active Texture Management (aggressive edition, 64x),Asteroid Reclying Technologies, B9 Aerospace, BDArmory, CIT Active Struts, Civillian Population, Coherent Contracts, Community Resource Pack, Community Techtree, Contract Configurator, Advanced Progression Contract Pack, Scansat Contract Pack, Remote Tech Contract Pack, Improved Contract Window, Interstellar, Crowd Sourced Science, Deadly Rentry Continued, DistantObject, DMagicOrbitalScience, Enhanced Navball, EVA Transfer, Extraplanetary Launchpads, ExtraPlanetary Launchpads-->Regolith Adaption, FAR, KAX, JSI, KAS, Kerbal Engineer Redux, Kerbal JointReinforcement, Kerbal Stats, KerbinSide, KineTech Animation, KIS, Klockhead Martin Gimbal, KSI, KSPX, KWRocketry, MagicSmoke Industries,MechJeb2, Kerbal Konstructs, ModuleRCSFX, NASAmission, Navyfish Docking Port Alignment Indicator, Near Future Constuction, Near Future Electrical, Near Future Props, Near Future Propulsion, Near Future Solar, Near Future Spacecraft, ORS Resource Pack, Procedural Airships, Procedural Fairings, Procedural Parts, RealChute, Regolith, Remote Tech, Scansat, Science Alert, Ship Manifest, SmokeScreen, TAC Fuel Balancer, TAC Life Support, Todicuss Tools, Kerbal Alarm Clock, Tweakable Everything, Tweakscale, USI, FTT, USI ExplorePack, USI Karbonite, USI KArbonite +, USI Kolonization, USI Survival Pack(previously D.E.R.P.), Universal Storage, Virgin Kalactic, Vanguard parachutes, Waypoint Manager, and module manager 2.6.0.

What do you mean by directory list of gamedata, do you mean I should list the files within it?

Path of KSP, how do I find this?

To get the KSP log from the root of that I assume I need to find the path of KSP installation first.

If you're using the latest version of Kerbinside then it will not work on 0.90 because the textures have been converted to DDS. There is a workaround though - go find sarbian's DDSLoader plugin and install it.

BTW, we have a maintenance port of B9 going which is ~90% done. Link in my sig.

Thanks that works now!

No problem. I will add though that the Kerbal Konstructs plugin is built against 1.0.x so there's no guarantee that it will work on 0.90, and as more things change you're likely to see errors.

No problem. I will add though that the Kerbal Konstructs plugin is built against 1.0.x so there's no guarantee that it will work on 0.90, and as more things change you're likely to see errors.

This. I know for a fact that confignodes got updated in the API with 1.0.x so any career persistency in KK is going to be broken in the latest versions if used with KSP 0.90.

This may be more of a CKAN issue, but I wanted to let you know that I can install Air-Race or the base KerbinSide package, but not both--CKAN currently throws this error:

About to install...

* KerbinSide 1.0.3 (cached)

Oh no! We tried to overwrite a file owned by another mod!
Please try a `ckan update` and try again.

If this problem re-occurs, then it maybe a packaging bug.
Please report it at:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/issues/new

Please including the following information in your report:

File : GameData/KerbinSide/Flags/alphastrikelogo.png
Installing Mod : KerbinSide 1.0.3
Owning Mod : KerbinSideAirRace
CKAN Version : v1.10.0-0-gb447380 (beta)

Your GameData has been returned to its original state.

I'm going to follow the CKAN-meta instructions above, but FYI....

- - - Updated - - -

Also: Do you need to install all of KerbinSide to access all the racetracks in the Air-Race pack? So far that appears to be the case--I don't see Black Krag or Dundard's Edge, just Round Range....

This may be more of a CKAN issue, but I wanted to let you know that I can install Air-Race or the base KerbinSide package, but not both--CKAN currently throws this error...

That is indeed a CKAN error. KerbinSide and Air-Race share a directory, so that they share textures.

Also: Do you need to install all of KerbinSide to access all the racetracks in the Air-Race pack? So far that appears to be the case--I don't see Black Krag or Dundard's Edge, just Round Range....

You do need the all-in-1 if you want the runways and bases. Air-Race just has the air racing tracks.

You do need the all-in-1 if you want the runways and bases. Air-Race just has the air racing tracks.

There's only two tracks in the stand-alone Air-Race--KSC, and Round Range.

If it's supposed to also add race tracks at Black Krag and Dundard's Edge, without needing the all-in-1 package, it isn't currently. That's what I'm trying to say.

There's only two tracks in the stand-alone Air-Race--KSC, and Round Range.

If it's supposed to also add race tracks at Black Krag and Dundard's Edge, without needing the all-in-1 package, it isn't currently. That's what I'm trying to say.

Huh. I'll check the .zip.

EDIT Version 1.3 of Air-Race contains three tracks. Everything is there as it should be.

EDIT 2 Okay I think you're getting confused. The runways/bases for Dundard's Edge and Black Krags are in the KerbinSide All-in-1. That's what you launch from. The race tracks that are near those locations are in Air-Race. Round Range is a base that is included with Kerbal Konstructs.

Edited by AlphaAsh

Huh. I'll check the .zip.

EDIT Version 1.3 of Air-Race contains three tracks. Everything is there as it should be.

EDIT 2 Okay I think you're getting confused. The runways/bases for Dundard's Edge and Black Krags are in the KerbinSide All-in-1. That's what you launch from. The race tracks that are near those locations are in Air-Race. Round Range is a base that is included with Kerbal Konstructs.

So in other words you have to install the all-in-1 in order to race at Black Krags and Dundard's Edge.

Thanks. I'll have to seriously reconsider the challenge I was going to propose since I was hoping not to require additional mods. Maybe I'll only have the race at Round Range since that's supported without installing the all-in-1....

So in other words you have to install the all-in-1 in order to race at Black Krags and Dundard's Edge.

Thanks. I'll have to seriously reconsider the challenge I was going to propose since I was hoping not to require additional mods. Maybe I'll only have the race at Round Range since that's supported without installing the all-in-1....

There is no track at Round Range.

Of course I use Air-Race as an incentive to download the All-in-1. It's an add-on. It's still possible to get to the other two tracks without it though.

There is no track at Round Range.

Of course I use Air-Race as an incentive to download the All-in-1. It's an add-on. It's still possible to get to the other two tracks without it though.

After uninstalling literally everything, then reinstalling just Kerbal Konstructs and Air-Race, I no longer see any race markers at Round Range.

But I don't see any option to go anywhere else, either:

RGywzvQ.jpg

I'm at a loss, and really frustrated with everything, and stressed and anxious, so I'm sorry if I'm missing anything obvious.

Sorry for the image overlay--I should've turned off Historian first. :(

After uninstalling literally everything, then reinstalling just Kerbal Konstructs and Air-Race, I no longer see any race markers at Round Range...

There never was any at Round Range.

I've no clue why you think there were. I've never made a race track at Round Range.

KerbinSide All-in-1 is bases and launchsites. Including a base/runway at a location called Black Krags and Dundard's Edge.

Air-Race is air-racing tracks and components. Contains three tracks. One at KSC, one near Black Krags, one near Dundard's Edge.

Kerbal Konstructs is the plug-in that runs the show and makes the objects appear. Kerbal Konstructs comes with one BASE, Round Range and the objects for it.

1 - Install KerbinSide All-in-1

2 - Install Air-Race. Overwrite any files when prompted.

3 - Check which version of Kerbal Konstructs shipped with the above.

4 - If there's a newer version out, install that.

That's it. You have all the base, all the race tracks.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps the air race markers depend on Kerbinside textures?

KerbinSide is not a pre-requisite for Air-Race. Air-Race can stand-alone but if you want to race at Black Krags or Dundard's Edge, you have to get there from KSC. Install KerbinSide All-in-1 and then you can launch from runways at those locations.

The alternatives were:

1 - Remove the bases from the All-in-1 and put them in Air-Race. Couldn't - assets are shared by more than those two bases.

2 - Add new launch locations in Air-Race. Didn't - that would mean too many launch locations cluttering up the launch selector.

EDIT - In the next version of Air-Race I'll put in some race-specific launch locations near the start of the race-tracks, under the Other launch category. That should hopefully alleviate your confusion.

Edited by AlphaAsh

There never was any at Round Range.

I feel like we're talking at each other instead of to each other.

I'm trying to report something that I can no longer reproduce. I don't know why I saw race markers at Round Range. I wish I had a screenshot or video to show you.

I give up. Sorry to be a bother.

I feel like we're talking at each other instead of to each other.

I'm trying to report something that I can no longer reproduce. I don't know why I saw race markers at Round Range. I wish I had a screenshot or video to show you.

I give up. Sorry to be a bother.

Well now I'm confused. Perhaps I did misinterpret what you wrote. Regardless something good came out of it, which is Air-Race can stand-alone without KerbinSide with the addition of the race-specific location launchpoints. Should make things easier for your race challenges.

v1.5 of Kerbin-Side Air-Race available from KerbalStuff.

Changelog:

- Took considerable advantage of 'orientation' setting for statics. Now many pylons sit on the terrain more naturally.

- Updated a pylon model to have a deeper base for better terrain integration.

- Added elevated direction markers to some track boundaries. That'd be arrows on top of a pole then.

- Added gate identification markers to some gates. Small and large versions available.

I just have a quick question, with, I'm assuming, a quick (NO!) answer that I'm not able to pull out of the search. Is it possible to set a default launch site other than KSC?

No. But it shouldn't be too difficult for me to add such a feature to Kerbal Konstructs. Out of curiousity, where are you launching from?