Spaceport is Down

Now this is just a rumour.. but I heard that Jeb, Bill and Bob awoken some extraterrestrial species when they landed on Duna, according to reports the 'species' bided its time until the return flight was home, the species attacked their Spaceport and leashed upon the world a Curse.

Just a rumour though.

http://kerbal.curseforge.com/

The server's not online anymore so it won't be redirecting anyone anywhere anytime soon.

Something you might want to mention to the development team for .24 is that the IN-GAME "Main Menu" link "Spaceport" opens the old/non-longer-exists site -- I will throw out my opinion that no link at all is better than its replacement :)

You guys own the domain though, yes? You should update the DNS records to point somewhere useful.

^^^THIS^^^

Should have already been in the pipeline as soon as you knew you were taking the server down and ready to implement when you pulled the plug.

You guys own the domain though, yes? You should update the DNS records to point somewhere useful.

I just manually tested this; it seems like changing the DNS record to match the main site (or using a CNAME) would in fact work, as kerbalspaceprogram.com is the default site for its host.

I hope they keep the kerbalspaceprogram.com domain in case somebody has the intention of parking the domain once it expires.

I also hope that this is the last thread that we'll make about the tragic death of Spaceport.

I was just updated on this. Looks like I spoke too soon before, so all apologies on this. We're working with Curse to get a proper redirect in a similar fashion.

Unfortunately they've put down Spaceport in favour of the Malware ridden nightmare that is the Curseforge..

This is probably the best place for mods now.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/forums/35-Add-on-Releases-and-Projects-Showcase

Guys, let's not turn this into another Curse bashing thread.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.