A Few Small Ideas

I have a few small ideas that could help the game a little

1: Folders for craft saves. There are people who have tons of crafts and it is hard to find certain spacecrafts. (HOCgamming)

2: Nasa looking parts for 2m and 1m (and 3m stock looking parts).

3: Half and quarter sized orange tanks because i like the look of them, and i would like to use more orange tanks.

4: Different sized .6m tanks.

*edit*

5: New engine icon for jet engines so that you can tell what is what

6: Bigger, stronger launch clamps to hold the big 3m parts.

7: PLEASE, interiors for the mk2 and 3 cockpits.

8: For engines that have the extra exhaust pipe (This suggests that they are Gas generator Cycles) add a little flame, or smoke coming out of the pipe.

9: For the Launcher, the ability to go back and play in older versions. (likeminecraft)

These are very simple ideas, it shouldn't be too hard to implement them:). (except for maybe #1 and 9)

Edited by Titan Space Agency
Came Up with more Brilliant Ideas

Funnily enough. The original mod which the Subassembly feature was based off had the functionality proposed in #1. Granted that you had to create folders externally, but the mod would read and use them as hierarchy, it would be a simple matter of adding extra code to handle folder creation and renaming.

The different styles of the same tanks likely won't be added until scope completion, as the devs have stated that the more parts are added, the longer it takes to iterate. I can't remember exactly where I read this, though. But it might be worthwhile to implement multiple textures for some parts, to allow for different styles without making it more difficult to find parts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.