Camping (gaming)

Pawelk198604

I like play BF3 i would buy Bf4 i had better computer.

Now, due to the enormous amount of learning I have little time to play.

But usually I take a sniper rifle, go on some high place and preys on unwary players :D

I was very often insulted as "****ing camper" but i don't pay attention to it, i wonder why "Camping" has so bad reputation, while in real life snipers are very important of battlefield, and soldiers respect them.

I if would have good health, i would love to serve in Army in my case Polish Army as Sniper.

Well, take a look at the current shooter community. A lot of people are doing nothing but insulting each other and blaming their team members and/or cheaters for their own lack of skill. IMO camping is a fair tactic and people are fault themselves if they get killed multiple times in a row by the same camper.

However, comparing a shooter to real life isn't really possible. In real life you can't simply respawn once you die and snipers play a important role in protecting their comrades.

Actually, the name "Camper" in FPS games came from "Spawn Camper". Which was the bad sport tactic of having a heavy weapon aimed at the sole spawnpoint of players. Multiplayer games have evolved from that, and now this is generally not possible, but the "OMG CAMPER" name stuck.

Actually, the name "Camper" in FPS games came from "Spawn Camper". Which was the bad sport tactic of having a heavy weapon aimed at the sole spawnpoint of players. Multiplayer games have evolved from that, and now this is generally not possible, but the "OMG CAMPER" name stuck.

Yeah. Spawn camping is NOT nice, sniping is fun. But once you know where they are...

SNIPE THE SNIPER

You should consider trying ArmA 3... Camping it's nearly the rule there, since if you put the head out of the cover, you're dead...

It can be very boring since sometimes you have no vehicles to use, and action it's 20km away...

I just hate when I'm with a sniper rifle and then everyone is yelling at me "FKNG CAMPER!" when I'm 700m away trying to get an headshot. Campers are the ones waiting you on the corner, shooting you and then going to maybe another corner, to wait for someone else.

In the Battlefield series, snipers are just as useful as a Medic (especially in open maps where you have clear vision) but people just doesn't seem to understand that.

My country is even worse because there's this special community aged between 12 and 16 that comes from Call of Duty and plays like when they are on CoD: "HEY Lemme make a trick shot!!!!! OMG 360 NOSCOPE ERMAGHERD!!" <- In French this is actually even worse than it can sound like, because I stripped every curse word those kids can say. The funniest part is actually before most disconnects, its like "Mom noo why now? I was having the best k/d ratio in my life! Fk you mum!" *user left the session*

Oh, I have to say that this behaviour is especially on consoles, fortunately on PC the minds are different, and I have the greatest memories of team work capturing back all the flags taken by ennemies. But sometimes you just find some of these CoD kids on PC too ruining your sniper cover.

I have diverted a little bit from the main subject, have I? :D

Have to agree, if you're not spawn camping, then sniping is fair game. It's a valid strategy that obviously works. People who complain are not capable of adjusting their playstyle to deal with it.

Their problem really. :D

In the Battlefield series, snipers are just as useful as a Medic (especially in open maps where you have clear vision) but people just doesn't seem to understand that.

Hah, you think anyone in the Battlefield series knows about "Teamwork" with "Tactical Gameplay"

They generally respond with: "lul wut? you dink dis rel lif? lol fk u you, i'm 9, u cn't touch meh, i has da best k/d in cod eva"

Oh yeah, getting on topic:

No one likes camping because it slows the gameplay down in games like Counterstrike, which at one point dominated the competitive PvP scene.

If you think camping has been given a bad reputation, even more insane is "LoSing." LoS stands for "line of sight," a message that pops up in some games when you try to attack a target that you can't see. MMO PvPers in particular see "LoSing" as a cheat. What IS LoSing exactly? Using an object (like a building) for cover.

Edited by vger

Humans are very rude people, if you think about it. Toward our own species.

... he said, defending the practice of shooting people in the face from a safe and secluded place :D

I generally didn't mind the camping snipers when I last played Battlefield... they usually managed to run surprisingly quick when being shot at by a Spitfire :P

There was this mod that put the original WW2 battlefield into modern times, middle east, helicopters an all that what shortly after became the modern shooter template and has been endlessly repeated since. There was a map with a bunch of high buildings in the middle, campsite #1 obviously, but if you buzzed it with a helicopter, a whole platoon of scared soldiers jumped from every opening in fear of being blown up by rockets... A sight to be had :cool:

Edited by the_bT

Well, take a look at the current shooter community. A lot of people are doing nothing but insulting each other and blaming their team members and/or cheaters for their own lack of skill. IMO camping is a fair tactic and people are fault themselves if they get killed multiple times in a row by the same camper.

However, comparing a shooter to real life isn't really possible. In real life you can't simply respawn once you die and snipers play a important role in protecting their comrades.

If you get killed multiple times by the same sniper, UR A NOOB LOL you haven't thought about taking a different approach to remove the sniper, therefore UR A NOOB LOL.

IMHO, "camping" and sniping is a fine and fun activity. On the other hand, spawn camping is what I frown upon. I attribute part of the problem to level design and most of the problem to said behavior. Thankfully, most modern games support moderation protocols which can reduce/ penalize spawn kills (or moderators can do so by dealing with spawn killers).

Awww I wanted a thread about forest camping. I don't play Battlefield or COD but occasionaly fire up TF2 or CS:Source. It is very annoying, especially on the 'community made' maps that have no logic to them, when the ENTIRE ENEMY TEAM stands at your door.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.