Fortress class Carrier

Rune

Rushed release here! Well, not rushed, the thing has been sitting in my hangar for a while now. But HatBat used it for his youtube series (check it out! He gets better on each video), somebody is asking for it, he asked me in return, and I haven't posted a military ship in ages. So here it goes, a Space Carrier!

bAvOnCn.png

Mind you, that beauty comes unarmed and without fighters as a standard, but everybody has their special preferences in that regard. It does have enough internal space and docking ports to carry four tiny RCS fighters (check out the Dreadnought in my military thread for ideas on that), and has mounts for 1.25m and 0.625m weapons (the tiny probes on the sides? those are turrets/reloaders for my I-beam torps, two of them launch out of position for launch vehicle reasons).

Armour is a bit on the thin side, though. But you know, this thing is a Carrier. It's supposed to carry other stuff into battle and stay well away from the fire itself. And such light protection means that the payload fraction is really high, and with the nukes you get really good range even loaded with a heavy cargo.

In fact, probably the best way to see what it can do when you arm it is to check it out in action in Hatbat's videos, so here you go, a link!

All of the capital ships in there are my work, BTW, so thanks to him for making such good use of them and check my Skunkworks if you see something big that catches your eye!

Now some additional details... wait, there are none. You know, launch it with the launcher it has, work out a way to put ordnance and your fighter of choice in there. Simple! Perhaps you guys would like me to whip up a support ship with ammo and fighters to complement it? That bay looks a bit empty right now from the docking control window.

TDijVxz.png

So have a go at it and tell me what you think!

IMGUR ALBUM:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

DOWNLOAD:

http://www./download/1yhjut4gu6hmu74/Space+Carrier.craft

Rune. Naming rights go to HatBat for "forcing" me to release it when the file has the imaginative name "Space Carrier".

Edited by Rune

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.