World of Failures

Kamuchi

New carreer after abanding it a few times, now with so many failures I`m just compelled to post my gunshot rocket science approach.

Missing alot of parts as of yet and creative ship building is not my strongest point, hope you will have fun from my failures because I do :sticktongue:

7 Mun missions to grab some quick science, that I didn`t have enough fun with yet to even think of screening it :/

Building a space station without the need to dock 100 parts and send it to Minmus:

Attempt #1 with to many design failures:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Attempt #2, still some design flaws but it`s workable and got into stable orbit, yes, it has a science module:

Making a Kathene refeuling ship for Minmus, after seeing how big it is, renamed to a tanker:

Small design flaw...

Kathene does not go directly from drill to converters and requires a storage tank, wich ofcourse I don`t have, doh!

Next up: rescue ship to bring Jeb, Bill and Rollie back home and re-launch with a retro fitted tanker that will mine Kathene while bringing Minmus One to Minmus.

Couple of hours trying to launch the fixed tanker back into space, enjoy the show, they sure did at the space center :D

Success! Just not in one piece... :huh:

Wasn`t KSP for dummies?

Side note: never managed to blow up the same ship this many times, and suspect it won`t be the end of it as I like the design :blush:

Another stranded pilot and a lack of parts, time to set the plan in motion or atleast the part that didn`t fail...

Sending the science station to Minmus so that we can send a science ship dedicated for Minmus later on:

Thinking this would be easy and could be merged with sending Minmus One, right...

Fighting gravity the hard way with an overkill science vessel:

No more fuel efficient designs untill getting nuclear engines, the headache...

Edited by Kamuchi

• 2 weeks later...

So after a short break due to real life, it was decided in my absense to redo our space program with the advances in technology and newly hired crew that can weld!

With bringing the minmus station/ship back to Kerbin as it was a useless excercise, besides trying to launch heavy stuff into orbit, and the science vessel having a SAS quirk all crews are coming home!

While trying to explore the crappy frame rate as the mods increased with InterStellar, Extraplanetary Launchpads and Green Skull, it was back to the drawing board and after testing, the result was to launch with the command line:

-force-d3d11-no-singlethreaded -popupwindow

But ofcourse using d3d instead of opengl uses more memory compared to opengl and textures had to be set to quarter.

Not enough... damnit, I want those mods!

Trying the 64bit again, that crashed, I started removing some mods, wich didn`t help much besides nuking my persistent game as the sattelites used B9 lights... :sealed:

Trying to fix the mods to run the 64 is a pain, but redeploying the network won`t be that hard, but with the official 64bit coming soon anyway...

B9 parts just remain soooo useful that I don`t really want to part with it :/

To wait and restart with contracts for fun or to go on and try to fix it all :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.