[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Here's something I made with kOS and had some fun testing it with BDArmory. Yes it's a RADAR screen! :D

It still has a glitch that the script breaks when you hit something, but up until then it works like a charm.

Y axis distance

X axis degree offset from nose of the radar

Numbers on contacts are

HEADING (taken out because it's your heading not the targets heading)

ALTITUDE (ft)

SPEED (m/s)

Amazing, it also seems possible to detect if each non-player craft has a weapon manager, which team it's set to and what weapons it carries. It could be used to set a threat level and prioritize targets?

Amazing, it also seems possible to detect if each non-player craft has a weapon manager, which team it's set to and what weapons it carries. It could be used to set a threat level and prioritize targets?

Yep, I believe that is entirely possible. I cant determine if you have targetted something or something is targetting you, so no RWR or pursuit-tracking modes yet. They dont have that ability in kOS yet.

I am currently working on an autopilot that will pilot my test drones and later they will even evade missiles and engage you autonomously. Though dogfighting would be impossible I think.

Yep, I believe that is entirely possible. I cant determine if you have targetted something or something is targetting you, so no RWR or pursuit-tracking modes yet. They dont have that ability in kOS yet.

I am currently working on an autopilot that will pilot my test drones and later they will even evade missiles and engage you autonomously. Though dogfighting would be impossible I think.

The other ships don't have targets, it's all internal inside BD, we'd need to petition BahamotoD to have the weapon manager send it's target to the GUI. You can set a target with kOS but only for the ship you're controlling, a script can't set a target on a drone - the last time I tried it only the player controlled ship can have a KSP target. You can also (I think) detect if your ship has a target, "IF TARGET:NAME = VESSEL:NAME" when you go through the vessel list seems like it should work?

I'm not talking about the BD target aquisition, I mean the normal targets you can assign yourself and BD tracks those targets if you fire a missile. I have the code to arm select and fire missiles, but if I cant select a target for a vessel im not controlling then the whole thing doesn't work. And I quite frankly do not like the guard mode at all, it is not really smart.

Ah ok so I can check if I have a target, nice ok pursuit radar mode comes next :B

Damn, I just checked it, I cant check if a variable exists or not, so I either have to set a target before I can check it or the program encounters an error. I hope they fix this issue, since its not good to have no means of telling if a variable is set or not.

Here's something I made with kOS and had some fun testing it with BDArmory. Yes it's a RADAR screen! :D

It still has a glitch that the script breaks when you hit something, but up until then it works like a charm.

Y axis distance

X axis degree offset from nose of the radar

Numbers on contacts are

HEADING (taken out because it's your heading not the targets heading)

ALTITUDE (ft)

SPEED (m/s)

Hmmm very interesting (and nicely done) but 1 question, is there a way to differentiate between air a ground targets? Also perhaps an "option" to set targets manually off of it's tracks would be a nice idea though I think that would be a separate thing.

Hmmm very interesting (and nicely done) but 1 question, is there a way to differentiate between air a ground targets? Also perhaps an "option" to set targets manually off of it's tracks would be a nice idea though I think that would be a separate thing.

I think yes. I can check if the craft is on the ground or below a certain altitude ( need to find outif I can check altitude for above ground level instead of above sea level).

Please explain your second question, I do not understand what you mean.

I think yes. I can check if the craft is on the ground or below a certain altitude ( need to find outif I can check altitude for above ground level instead of above sea level).

Please explain your second question, I do not understand what you mean.

Basically it takes the "IFF" from BD's weapon manager and give you a "priority" list of targets to pick from instead of the current point and hope you're targeting what you want or clicking about 6 times to get the target you want. Though it was just a random thought off the top of my head and I was a little tired this morning when I typed that.

Basically it takes the "IFF" from BD's weapon manager and give you a "priority" list of targets to pick from instead of the current point and hope you're targeting what you want or clicking about 6 times to get the target you want. Though it was just a random thought off the top of my head and I was a little tired this morning when I typed that.

It would also be possible to differenciate between friend and foe on the radar screen, would a bit more code intensive but it would work. And I can override the weaponmanagers targetting.

BahamutoD, would it be possible to add the option to toggle between surface to air, air to surface and surface to surface guidance modes for all the missiles?

This was discussed previously, and the conclusion was that this wouldn't make any sense.

Each type of missile have different dimensions / fin designs because they are optimized for one specific role - in other words, fins that work very well for AAMs would work poorly for SSMs, and vice versa.

This was discussed previously, and the conclusion was that this wouldn't make any sense.

Each type of missile have different dimensions / fin designs because they are optimized for one specific role - in other words, fins that work very well for AAMs would work poorly for SSMs, and vice versa.

I can understand why it wouldn't be realistic IRL but if it was totally optional then i would definitely make use of it. I'm more of a tank and ground vehicle user but none of the missiles seem to work as ground to ground missiles, so being able switch modes would be great for people like me.

Edited by The Space Man

I can understand why it wouldn't be realistic IRL but if it was totally optional then i would definitely make use of it. I'm more of a tank and ground vehicle user but none of the missiles seem to work as ground to ground missiles, so being able switch modes would be great for people like me.

Since you're a SSM user, perhaps petition BahamutoD* to add an SSM-only missile in the next update.

*I'm aware that he's not as active on the KSP Community as he was in the past, but as he is the original author asking him is still the best bet.

Now how can I make my joystick trigger button to work with vulcan cannon? I've bound the trigger button to weapon manager action group but it didn't fire. The description says only bombs and missile, and aiming with mouse make sense for turrets, but for static guns there should be a option to fire through weapon manager

Now how can I make my joystick trigger button to work with vulcan cannon? I've bound the trigger button to weapon manager action group but it didn't fire. The description says only bombs and missile, and aiming with mouse make sense for turrets, but for static guns there should be a option to fire through weapon manager

The fire button is the same for turrets and static guns and to set the fire button to the joystick I believe you change it from that to "joystick button 0" though don't quote me on this.

The fire button is the same for turrets and static guns and to set the fire button to the joystick I believe you change it from that to "joystick button 0" though don't quote me on this.

I quote you on that, because it's right.

In my case it's: joystick button 0 (It was working with JoystickButton0 before but now it's not).

I am using a Logitech Extreme 3d Pro.

Edited by tetryds
Button changed, what?

I'm using Logitech Attack3 joystick, and keybind option menu shows the trigger button as JoystickButton0. Then I go to BDArmory settings.cfg and change FireKey from mouse 0 to JoystickButton0 . But now I cannot fire my guns at all

Edit: Using joystick button 0 works

Edited by Aghanim

I quote you on that, because it's right.

In my case it's: JoystickButton0

I am using a Logitech Extreme 3d Pro.

What about gamepads? Using a Saitek P880, joystickbutton11 and joystick button 11 do not work (This is what KSP in settings menu says when I rebind a key to that, it's pushing down on the right stick. Windows also calls it Joystick Button 11 when looking at the menu thing)

What about gamepads? Using a Saitek P880, joystickbutton11 and joystick button 11 do not work (This is what KSP in settings menu says when I rebind a key to that, it's pushing down on the right stick. Windows also calls it Joystick Button 11 when looking at the menu thing)

There is something very weird, JoystickButton0 was working for me, then it suddenly stoped working.

I changed it to joystick button 0 and it's now working again, let me fix my post up there.

What I found about the Saitek P880 seems like you have to put button(0) there to fire with the triangle button.

If anything, just use some joystick mapper program and you would be able to fire with any key you want.

Does this work with Update .90? I've been having glitches on my game. I'm not sure if I downloaded the mod correctly.:confused:

Yes and no. while you may have downloaded incorrectly could you describe what you're seeing so we can either tell to look for the answer 3 pages back in exasperation or if we could help you, all joking aside if it's missing Bombs there is a space in the .cfg files for them (part_name .cfg) and once you remove it you should be fine.