900k tris model test in ksp: results

today i wanted to do a scale test on an highly unfinished hipoly booster assembly model with a total of around 920000 polys:cool:(this is actually 3 seperate parts, some hipoly and some unfinished drafts). i decided to just put the hipoly model into ksp to do the scale check and also see if there was any noticable slowdown, unity splitted the object into atleast 15 objects and it took a few minutes to import to unity. the results where not bad at all, no slowdown during startup, very little extra ram use, no noticable framerate slowdown even on the launchpad. hope someone can find this useful. ksp is run at max settings and 3840 x 2160 res, i do wish i had a potato laptop to test this on tho

pics:

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by landeTLS

I've done a similar test before (with less polys but amount didn't really matter) which was a bit more throughout, but giving a similar result.

Did you plan to make a kerbals soup with your "cauldron" :D ?

(Kerbals want to be space tourist and they were attracted by the ultra low-price of your offer, they've coming in numbers ! A Green Sun remake ?)

I've done a similar test before (with less polys but amount didn't really matter) which was a bit more throughout, but giving a similar result.

Did you plan to make a kerbals soup with your "cauldron" :D ?

(Kerbals want to be space tourist and they were attracted by the ultra low-price of your offer, they've coming in numbers ! A Green Sun remake ?)

heheh yes i agree it looks quite a bit like a cauldron without the fairing and command pod/probecore ontop.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.