How to change key bindings for mods

Hi all.

I'd like to ask a question about mods (The Skillful mod in particular) but how do you change Keybindings to be able to launch missiles and fire guns? Right now, I have to right click on everything and choose the fire button making things really inefficient. I'm using 0.23.5 on a Mac if that might help you. Thanks.

Mod keybindings and how they are set are determined by the mod maker and what options they offer.

I have not used the Skillful mod you are talking about, but check in the VAB to see if you can assign actions to an actiongroup. Also check out the mod's release thread to see what options are offered, it is usually mentioned in there somewhere.

For example in my Vertical Velocity mod, I default the mod control key to Z for enabling the mod and controlling your speed setpoint, but I don't offer keybindings to change your setpoint step size (how big a step your setpoint changes each press of Z) so there is simply no way to keybind that as I (the mod maker) have not given you the option too.

It comes back to what the mod maker offers you in terms of what is assigned to a key and if you can change that key.

D.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.