Soviet LK. (Loonnyi Korabl (11�¤94) WIP

DennyTX

In the 60s of the last century the USSR and USA competed in the race to the Moon. On this occasion there has been made ​​a lot of fun devices. And there are most of American ships already in the game. It's time to add more and Soviet lunar ship. Its development started in 1964. In the late 60s early 70s it has been launched several times by rocket SOUYZ for orbital tests. He also participated as payload in 2 of 4 emergency launches of N-1 heavy booster, but never left Earth orbit and flew to the Moon. Has been designed just for one person, and have an independent resource only for 12 hours of which 4 on the moon, and was not equipped with a gateway. At overall it was a very odd looking device. But I want to try it in game with the highest possible realism. Therefore, the model seems to be not very light, but in terms of the development of modern computers - playable. Is in development for almost a month.

PS: need info about mass of craft (by stages), fuel, oxidiser, oxygen, time of engine work, etc. will be very grateful.

2c1cF24.png?2

miLBsV4h.jpg

Edited by DennyTX

Looks great!

Denny, your skill grown up on our eyes, each of your new project looks better and have new quality performance. This level of detail really impressive! You're doing a very good job creating the most accurate replica of the real legendary ships.

And more. I think that would be a good idea to collect all the historical craft in one pack and try to make something like a campaign, based on the new game features announced in 0.24

Love it. As for the data:

Main Engine: 20.1kN, throttleable down to 8.414kN. 315s in vacuum.

Backup Engine: 20kN, not throttleable. 312s in vacuum.

RCS: 0.390kN coarse, 0.098kN fine.

Block E Mass: 0.55T dry, 2.95T wet (2.4T of fuel).

LPU (the landing legs): 1.44T. This includes a tiny amount of solid fuel for the nesting engines.

As for fuel, it should all be monoprop, or if you're going to use Real Fuels, N2O4+UDMH.

It was capable of autonomous operation for 72 hours. So oxygen supply should last about that long, with a few hours reserve.

However, keep in mind those figures are of little use for KSP. If you send it to me (preferably with all the other N1 stuff for an all-up test) I could fine-tune it for you. That won't be the first time I worked on the N1 (tested the BobCat's one before) so I have a rough idea of how it should work.

Quite the contrary, they're sometimes better than hi-res normal maps, especially in games like KSP (where having less textures is important to save memory). As long as the polygons are not wasted, hi-poly model are quite manageable on modern computers.

ya, it may be more heavy model than stock ones. but it is much more light than my previous KSP models and it works. I preer realism (replica models), and there is no way - only poligons up.

what do u think, how many triangles are in it?

PS: use modern PC and there will be no lag ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.