Can someone please explain why the kerbapalooza thread is locked currently?

WololoW

This post states that the hype train "Stop[ped] for the day" .... What the heck does that even mean?! It is a thread to talk about the hype we have for .24 but you decided we arent allowed to post in it anymore today? Kinda arbitrary... no?

What gives? Where are we supposed to post about the impending update and how we feel about it?!

Edited by NathanKell

"The update isn't releasing today, see you guys in the morning! Thread closed until then" Sounds like a major announcement MIGHT BE coming tomorrow. I didn't read the whole thread but my guess there was a lot of misinformation about it being released today, and then when it wasn't even more misinformation as to the reason why. Just my thoughts though....

Keep your hair on please. Threads like that require intense moderation and during the next few hours there are simply fewer people around to monitor it. Since the update won't be released today it was decided to temporarily close the thread which saves the forum staff a whole heap of personal time. You're welcome to visit and post again first thing tomorrow. :)

Also, please note as to why you are moving a thread, and dont just move it randomly...

I did not move your post randomly, I moved it to the appropriate section of the forums, we do that to dozens of threads each day.

To be fair, it was making looking at the rest of the forum painful with 502's. And it probably helps to have the last locked message be "no update today" for people who might miss it when it jumps another 8 pages of HYPE HYPE HYPE explosions etc.

That is just a mod giving his 2cents from what it looks like. I have no knowledge of him being on the Squad team, nor any proof that he actually knows that it wont be released till tomorrow.

Anyway all that is beside the point - why the hell did he feel the need to lock a thread that we were all participating in and utilizing as a stopgap till the actual update?

Keep your hair on please. Threads like that require intense moderation and during the next few hours there are simply fewer people around to monitor it. Since the update won't be released today it was decided to temporarily close the thread which saves the forum staff a whole heap of personal time. You're welcome to visit and post again first thing tomorrow. :)

This, right here. The hype train takes off from the station once again tomorrow morning.