[WIP - alpha] KSC interior parts for cinematics

rob3110

Hello everyone,

I'd like to show my first mod (WIP), which aims to add some interior parts that resemble the visual stile of the KSC. It is aimed to be used for cinematics (like kerbals walking through hallways and rooms), for guys like Bob Fitch and EnterElysium.

I've just finished the first set of basic parts, like walls, floors, stairs, windows and doors, to see, if anyone considers this useful and whether I make additional stuff or not. Everyone can take and modify the files (meshes are dae-files and can be opened in blender, textures are png-images), as long credit is given to this thread.

The parts can be assembled via the attachment nodes. Because I used a lot (really a lot) of them, I also included a practical TNK - Temporary Node Killer in form of an orange cube to temporarily disable unwanted nodes.

Here are some images:

8NPi1MK.png

ILCcoXe.png

light colored structures

oyMQkWA.png

dark colored structures

sQDJ9b3.jpg

Screenshot from the VAB...

l1VHHEE.jpg

... and the attachment-node chaos :)

and the Download (RAR-File, drop everything in GameData-Folder)

v0.1

http://d-h.st/bBx

- improved textures (added gradients for shadows)

- hopefully improved attachment behaviour

first release:

http://d-h.st/8QH

It is my first mod and my first forum post in this section, please help me improve and feel free to comment!

Greetings, Rob

Edited by rob3110
small update

I've been wanting something like this SO MUCH! Any chance you can also replicate some of the textures found in the KSP Shorts like Kerbal Science, Jeb's Junkyard, etc?

I'll have a look. My roadmap sofar consists of:

- creating and refining the basic building blocks for the structures

- creating furniture and decorations, like desks, chairs, cabinets, lockers... at this point I could/might add stuff similar to what you can see in the shorts

- ???

I don't have as much time working on this mod right now, because I'm close to the final project of my aerospace-engineer degree...

Edited by rob3110
typo

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

This is from before we required licenses for all mods, since no license is given it is assumed to be All Rights Reserved so we could not have someone other than the author distributing it.

It's also a bit of a necro, so I'm going to lock this one up. rob3110, if you decide you want it reopened just PM me or another moderator and we'll be happy to do so.