Community mission log project [Registration Open]

FishInferno

Hey! I won the contract, that's great! I'll get on working on the next one right away. One thing tough, "no testing" is quite difficult, at least for boosters. Getting fairings and stuff to work requires at least simulations on the pad, never mind judging delta-v and gravity losses and such. So while I won't do much more than a quickly reverted "simulation", I rarely get a design that can be used without a RUD or two on the first hit of the green button.

Rune. By 1-manned CSM you mean just the manned orbiter, I presume?

Ok, you can test boosters in "simulations", but don't test orbiters or landers. Yeah its just the manned orbiter

So if I understood it correctly, you want something like this:

p4isV5E.png

85reASl.png

I called it the Concept-A because i am the first one to show my craft. It has about 1810m/s of Dv, weighs in at 2.655 tons and it looks kinda cool. The price is 5896. It can generate its own power and has antenna's for transmitting stuff (probably not needed but they looked good on it). So i hope you like it, and i'm looking forward to seeing other designs.

download: https://www./?0q8fr3geyo4zh7x

Edited by panzerknoef

I have a questions for Graphic Designer: Do we have to use an online drawing program? Because most of my drawings are in stencil/colored pencil.

I would prefer a digital image, but a drawing is good too I guess. You are the only one so far to apply so u would probably get the job.

In R-SUV, we got so excited about winning the last contract, we may have gone a bit overboard on this one. √9046, so expensive indeed, and "only" 979m/s in the rather small tanks. It is, however "pretty cool" according our nerdiest engineers, and some provision for safety has been provided, with a very cool looking escape tower. The biggest emphasis, though, is snack capacity for the single crewmember, allowing for long orbital stays while the leftover wrappers are safely discarded on the atmosphere. Solar panels and all the rest of bells and whistles including optional computer control, but no hint of RCS anywhere. The struts are 100% aesthetic, but hey, they are massless and physics-less, so they won't tax anyone's computer.

EmWy904.png

JOs15VV.png

The file.

Rune. Something between the GE proposal for Apollo and Soyuz, with my own touch (i.e: apparently the kerbals have no trouble putting hatches through heatshields).

Edited by Rune

You know what, I'll sign up for the heck of it

Kerbal Name: S.C. Kerman Jr.

Strengths: Orbiting, Transfer Orbits, Spaceplane Landings

Weaknesses: Docking, Flying Spaceplanes in atmosphere

Most Ambitious Flight: Spaceplane to Eve

Place: Pilot or, hopefully, Documentation Dept.

I would prefer a digital image, but a drawing is good too I guess. You are the only one so far to apply so u would probably get the job.

Ok that's good, I can get used to using a digital artwork program and I have plenty of ideas for plenty of mission flags. Also, the image for my application would most likely be in colored pencil/sketch but if I learn the ways of digital artwork in about a week or so, then you get a better quality application. Wish me luck!

KnoefCo Space Administrary's CSM has been chosen to be the craft for the first manned Kerbal flight!

Rune's CSM was very creative, but it was a little over-the-top for what was needed. however, we ask that Rune please keep the design as a possible advanced craft later down the road.

best regards,

FishInferno

Mission assignments will go out soon, so stay tuned!

Hurrah! Thank you for choosing KnoefCo Space Administrary's product for this mission. It is a great achievement to supply the CSM for the first manned kerbal flight. Now just fingers crossed that everything goes according to plan.

Oh, and feel free to give my craft another name, concept-a was never intended to be its real name.

Panzerknoef

Edited by panzerknoef

and also, Rune, can we please have a version of your rocket that doesn't have the fairing please?

Hum, names. I suck at names. Let's see... Dawn? There have been a couple spacecraft of that name in a coupe languages, IIRC. Sounds good enough. As to a fairing-less booster, go to the VAB, grab the side decouplers and it would be really difficult to put them back on! But if what we are after is integrating panzerknoef's capsule on top, either him or me should be able to do it without any issues fromthe files already posted on this thread, and present the pilots with a finished product so they don't have to go through the VAB at all.

Rune. Congrats on the contract, BTW!

But if what we are after is integrating panzerknoef's capsule on top, either him or me should be able to do it without any issues fromthe files already posted on this thread, and present the pilots with a finished product so they don't have to go through the VAB

This is wat I mean. Even if you remove the fairing then there is still the adapter and when I tried to move it t messed up the rocket

How can I get involved in this the last time I did one of these which was K.R.A.K I never got my turn.

EDIT: Sorry I jumped straight in when I saw the title. I'd like to supply craft.

Edited by Spartwo

How can I get involved in this the last time I did one of these which was K.R.A.K I never got my turn.

EDIT: Sorry I jumped straight in when I saw the title. I'd like to supply craft.

We would be glad to have Probe-teK as a supporter(i assume that is wat you mean), but please full out the form(I know, I know...:P)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.