Airplane doesnt fly well

Nah.

I'm looking at a person that has 4 pages of advice where *every single* post tells him to build smaller, and he insists on building yet bigger.

He gets good solid advice, then argues that he doesn't understand it, but they must be wrong because... he doesn't understand it.

You either have someone with a learning disability, in which case he is not really helpable,

or with an attitude problem of being unable to take advice, in which case he is not helpable,

or ... a troll

In his defense, he did build smaller. I think assigning the problem to a learning disability or attitude problem is a bit of jump, and he's not saying what's been posted is wrong, just that he doesn't understand. I think the issue probably lies with his understanding of physics.

But regardless of the underlying cause, I do agree that if it's not clear by now, there's nothing else to do.

I think the issue probably lies with his understanding of physics.

But regardless of the underlying cause, I do agree that if it's not clear by now, there's nothing else to do.

I suspect that English is not his first language.

In his defense, he did build smaller. I think assigning the problem to a learning disability or attitude problem is a bit of jump, and he's not saying what's been posted is wrong, just that he doesn't understand. I think the issue probably lies with his understanding of physics.

I hate to sound a bit mean here but, not everyone can grasp all subjects easily. While the idea of aerodynamic flight is some what simple to us, it maybe pure ferry magic to him. We all have subjects we are weak in, this maybe his. And I applaud him in his attempt to understand it better. But I am not sure if I am able to break things down any simpler. My only suggestion is now to watch a few Youtube videos on how a wing works and how an airplane actually flies. The wind tunnel footage is worth it on its own.

And all of them have a ISP of almost 10 times that of the jet engines in KSP.

Ahh, that's right! I remember doing the math on this once and being surprised. I'm too lazy to do it again though. How did you come to this conclusion?

Ahh, that's right! I remember doing the math on this once and being surprised. I'm too lazy to do it again though. How did you come to this conclusion?

From this fuel consumption information on the P&W F100, Military thrust: 77.5 kg/(kN·h).

And from AJE plugin and comparing the ISP of the stock Jet engine, vs the F100 in AJE.

I think I understand basics now, but it was pretty hard. Aerodynamics is extremely complicated for me. Thanks for patience for everyone.

I have FAR mod, and there is FAR button which opens graphs, numbers etc. Is it neccesary to understand those?

I think I understand basics now, but it was pretty hard. Aerodynamics is extremely complicated for me. Thanks for patience for everyone.

I have FAR mod, and there is FAR button which opens graphs, numbers etc. Is it neccesary to understand those?

It isn't necessary to understand the graphs and bars. They can be helpful if you can figure them out. But you would have to read the FAR Wiki on that, Ferram4 has done a great job of having all that explained out on there far better then I ever could.

No, it's not, but it does help.

I have a good enough understanding of aerodynamics from a pilot's perspective (ground school was good for something, I guess :P) that I can build decent planes without having to fully understand aerodynamics from an engineer's perspective.

No, it's not, but it does help.

I have a good enough understanding of aerodynamics from a pilot's perspective (ground school was good for something, I guess :P) that I can build decent planes without having to fully understand aerodynamics from an engineer's perspective.

About the same here. Sometimes I wished I would have been an engineer, I would be making a fair bit more money now.

I recommend NOT worrying about the graphs at this point. There are a few numbers in there which can be helpful to all, but in general it's too much data for someone working on the basics.

Why doesnt game have storage vessels for parts etc for space station construction? Its silly that parts are built directly on the rocket and that building doesnt break in athmosphere.

There are plugins and parts add-ons for that. B9 has cargo bays, and a few others have cargo containers that work quite well. Several of them are even FAR compatible.

Why doesnt game have storage vessels for parts etc for space station construction? Its silly that parts are built directly on the rocket and that building doesnt break in athmosphere.

It's still early release. They add parts that they feel are essential but every time new builds come forward there is something else that causes them to have to go through each and every part and change their configs. 0.24 added ecomony and they had to go to every part and re-balance the crude costs they previously had (note: re-balancing doesn't necessarily mean they changed it, they had to evaluate every one and determine if they needed to be changed). If they keep adding just parts before their feature set is complete then that's all the more they have to do for each patch.

Is there way to add parts to the space station without adding complete modules? For an example, adding new battery.

Unless you have docking ports or the mod Kerbal Attachment Systems (KAS), unfortunately no.

Is there way to add parts to the space station without adding complete modules? For an example, adding new battery.

Did you mean station modules or mod packs? If the former, Hodo answered. If the latter, you can actually delete the part files in packs for parts you don't want.

Is the only difference in unmanned command modules the torque power? Probodobodyne QBE for small rocket and RC-L01 Remote Guidance Unit for large?

Why is there dedicated sas-parts if they are included in command pods and probes?

SAS modules are there for additional torque on some larger craft.

As for the unmanned command modules, I don't think Squad has finished that part of the game. They really make a difference when you run Remote Tech 2.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.