Help with values

Hello,

I am currently develloping a nuclear fuel plugin (based on Cephei\'s solar panels) and I need a little help :

Instead of making the reactor a single part, I i am making it in two parts : the Core and the Coolant system. The core is the fuel tank, and the coolant...cools the core.

I want to configure them so the core is unusable alone because it overheats too quickly, you would need the coolant. But must i make the coolant a simple strut with high heat dissipation or must I code a new part for it ?

The objective is that the core and coolant would not overheat, but if parts like SRB and LFE/LFT are placed on it, boom.

Have you got any ideas ?

Ok, so if i\'ve understood correctly : The core produces heat, the radiator cools the core and send heat to the 'container' (the strut) so if you place something,like a LFT on the container, it sends heat quickly to the part and make it explode.

So for the radiator, 70 heat dissipation, for the container 80 heat conductivity, for the core 100 max temperature...... Back in a few hours (homeworks + code != cool)

The heat should go:

[reactor]->[strut]->[radiator]->[space]

The strut is your coolant line allowing heat to flow from the reactor where it\'s generated to the radiator where it\'s dissipated.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.