Is this broken???

romanyk

It's an INTERPLANETARY calculator

Not entirely; you can do the calculations for local systems with multiple moons (i.e. Kerbin and Jool). It won't work for Kerbin to Mun or Eve to Gilly because the calculator works with two bodies which are orbiting the same object.

In other words, no it's not broken.

Note: If you want to transfer to the Mun it's just a case of waiting for 'Munrise' (Mun appearing over the horizon as you orbit Kerbin) and burning; unless the burn takes a long time you'll almost always get an encounter which you can then adjust as required.

Edited by Epthelyn

Not entirely; you can do the calculations for local systems with multiple moons (i.e. Kerbin and Jool). It won't work for Kerbin to Mun or Eve to Gilly because the calculator works with two bodies which are orbiting the same object.

In other words, no it's not broken.

Note: If you want to transfer to the Mun it's just a case of waiting for 'Munrise' (Mun appearing over the horizon as you orbit Kerbin) and burning; unless the burn takes a long time you'll almost always get an encounter which you can then adjust as required.

That works almost all the time... or rather, it works when your altitude at the time of beginning the burn is between 70km and 300km. Much higher than that, and you have to wait until a fair bit after Munrise. I find it easier these days to just use the manoeuvre node planner and fiddle till I find a decent encounter.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.