Not enough 'scenario' contracts.

The contracts seem to rely on gaining scientific data and testing new parts, which is of course required. But I am disappointed to find it lacks any space station contracts. Now I know the specifics of a space station could be vauge and easily abused, but this concept can be explored in different areas. Here are some following examples:

1. De-orbit a space station

2. Investigate a 'dead' space station (creepy :sealed: )

3. Build a space station (with specific plans or parts)

These are more scenario based contracts, something which I have only really seen with rescuing a poor stranded Kerbal in orbit. But I can imagine more scenarios can be placed in the game, such as spy probes, investigation of sub-orbital orbits, etc.

It is early days with the contracts, but there are some imaginative paths could be taken, possibly somethings which can be based on a storyline or a general theme.

Edited by treejoe4

Perhaps as an expansion to the contracts, another look could be taken at the "campaigns" you can find in the wiki, and a way to work them in found?

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Campaigns - Just as a thought. Some of them could be worked in pretty easily, some might be more difficult, but I think it might make the game better overall.

I don't care if a mod does it, I would like to see a stock versions of these missions

Then prepare for a long wait and/or to be ultimately disappointed. I don't really understand this. You want a missions involving space stations; you can have them right now. If you want a hammer, and someone hands you a hammer, you don't reject it because it's not already in your toolbox.

Then prepare for a long wait and/or to be ultimately disappointed. I don't really understand this. You want a missions involving space stations; you can have them right now. If you want a hammer, and someone hands you a hammer, you don't reject it because it's not already in your toolbox.

I don't use mods

And your hammer thing, it doesn't really work when your hammer could break with every toolbox update, or when the hammer doesn't simply fit in.

Suit yourself. I wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch more contract types in the stock game with the next update; the devs have said what's there now is just the base, and the API tools in the code make coding new contract types relatively easy (hence Fine Print). But, average time between stock updates is about 3 months.

KSP is more than just a framework for mods to fill in the cracks--the whole point of this forum is to suggest changes and improvements to the stock game. I agree with treejoe4--I would love to see space station-related contracts, and I would also love to see a lot more variety in the stranded kerbal contracts. Just because a mod does something is not a reason not to improve the stock game. Some of us even prefer to play vanilla and it should be fun for vanilla players, too.

Hopefully we will see some additions like those suggested in 0.25!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.