Your opinion on music?

Rainbowtrout

I generally like listening to metal, rock and classical music.

My favourite bands are Metallica, Iron Maiden, Sabaton, Amon amarth and Rammstein

SAO has teh best.

When did this turn into an Anime discussion?

SAO is a great Anime with a great intro, but there is no intro as great as the first one from soul eater.

Edit: screw that! Great isn't nearly enough to describe SAO, SAO is the best, most awesome, perfect thing that could ever have happened to this world. Except for Alfheim online.

Edited by R0cketC0der

I listen metal (mostly death, thrash and progressive).

Here are some nice songs...

Thrash Metal:

Death Metal:

Progressive Death Metal:

-----

Most people don't like metal because of the vocals...so here is one song for you:

(Progressive Metal - same guy who "sings" on EoS - Twilight)

I really only like serious music. What I mean is, I dislike all the popular stuff, and the music I like is complex and emotional.

For example, Godspeed You! Black Emperor is one of my favorite bands. Most of their songs are over 10 minutes long, but worth a listen, if you're patient. They are beautiful.

Anyone interested, here is their most recent album on Youtube. The first song is awesome.

I guess you have to be somewhere from the exYU territory to be able to enjoy this song, it gives much more when you understand it.

But the melody alone is nice, isn't it?

It's a remake of an old folk song of my peeps, goes something like:

Love is not for trade nor purchase

Love is not for trade nor purchase

The one who can't love, the one who can't love

Shouldn't even try it

If the love inside a heart is true and real

If the love inside a heart is true and real

It won't be washed away by, it won't be washed away by

Mur or Drava

Love won't by broken by cops nor gendarmes

cops nor gendarmes, cops nor gendarmes

Neither by leaders

It's a loose translation from one of our dialects. The melody (minor scale) and the lyrics are typical for the region.

But the melody alone is nice, isn't it?

It is and i am also someone understanding the most of the text beside some words in dialect.

That guy on that picture at 1:15 in the video looks exactly like my Concierge, i wonder if he posted that video on Youtube because he does not look like a member of the band judging from another video from Vjeshtice.

Theme songs from 80s action movies like:

and

and

I like theme songs. Movies and shows don't have good theme songs anymore. It's sad.

EDIT:

And this. Can't forget this lovely melody.

Edited by Vaporo

It is and i am also someone understanding the most of the text beside some words in dialect.

That guy on that picture at 1:15 in the video looks exactly like my Concierge, i wonder if he posted that video on Youtube because he does not look like a member of the band judging from another video from Vjeshtice.

Are you related to this region?

That guy is Mladen JuriÄÂić. There was a ton of people in that band, entering and exiting, forming other bands, etc. I'm not really into all that, but I really like this song.

The whole region gave a huge number of awesome songs during the late 70s and 80s and was powerful and recognized in Europe. Then the war came and everything went downhill. The mainstream music scene never recovered. There are new quality bands, but they are mostly ignored by the corrupted media.

Try this one. It's a cover of one punk song. You can skip the first 25 seconds; I have no idea what that part is for. :)

Um I often listen to songs like coldplay or J sigsworth good stuff starts at 1 minute and I really like monty pythons music.But that would problably be too NSFW to post here XD

Oh and my favorite:

Edited by vinsent10
may add some stuff that I listen to.

The past few years I work at a music venue, in these years I've learned to like most kinds of music. I started as a volunteer during the metal concerts but after a few evenings I worked on other events. From Jazz to gospel to sundaymorningcoffeesingandsongwriters. And what I found out was that I really enjoy music when it's played by musicians on music instruments.

I love seeing a musician performing all his tricks on his beloved instrument that took years to learn. Whenever there is a band, choir or performer playing nearby me, I'll enjoy it.

But if I had to choose I'd go with manly music. Songs like :

And my absolute favorite genre of music is the Dutch boerenrock. I.E. farmer rock. Blues / rock songs about life in my area. About going to the bar with friends, playing in a garage band, getting a number from a hot chick only to find out it is one digit short.

(very cool Beatles cover about cheating on your wife)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.