GTO (Geostationary Transfer Orbit) Burn from Inclined Orbit

I'm currently playing with Realism Overhaul and Real Solar System, although this can be equated to a stock game as well.

I want to insert a satellite into a Geo-stationary orbit from an inclined sub-orbital launch trajectory (ie launch to GTO without using a parking orbit). In order to do this properly, I need to do my GTO burn such that my Ap ends up on an equatorial AN or DN. The circularization burn is then done at the same time as the plane change burn, (theoretically) putting the satellite in a perfect Geo-Stationary Orbit using less Dv than doing the two burns separately. Since the map view doesn't show equatorial AN/DN, this is somewhat complicated.

Does anybody know the best way to accomplish this? I've come up with a couple of possibilities:

1. Do the burn to bring my Ap up to GTO altitude at an equatorial AN/DN. Since it's just a Hohmann transfer, I should end up at the opposite AN/DN. The problem is that the Ap of my suborbital launch trajectory is still fairly close to the atmosphere and if it isn't timed correctly, I'll find myself descending back into the atmosphere before the 6+ minute burn is complete, so unless I'm really lucky, I may not have that flexibility.

2. Use a parking orbit. Realistically speaking, this isn't the perfect answer because I should be able to skip this step but for the fact that I'm missing the information about equatorial AN/DN in the manoeuvre planner.

Any other ideas or anything I'm missing?

What you're describing is about as hard as doing a J-turn into a parking spot between 2 cars. Your best bet is to raise your AP to the desired altitude, then do the plane change there and slowly bring up your Pe over a number of orbits. This will also allow you to position the satellite exactly where you want it (especially if you want them spaced a certain amount). You can calculate your required orbital period to phase into the desired spot.

At this point, I don't even care where the satellite ends up, other than over the equator in a circular orbit at 35786km. Figuring out a launch window is a later problem! My priority right now is figuring out how to plan the GTO burn such the Ap ends up at 0 degrees latitude. As far as I've determined, Mr Shifty has then best plan. Since I'll eventually have a few satellites in Geo-Stationary Orbits, I fake it by making one of them the target during the GTO burn.

I'm hoping I can convince somebody to build a mod or MechJeb module that handles equatorial AN/DN better, and provides orbital parameter data for orbits post-manoeuvre node.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.