[Plugin] 747-Style Landing Gear (Advanced Animatronic Landing Gear plugin)

OrbitusII

I've got everything working in my plugin except the retract animation stuff. I had such a hard time trying to animate the models I downloaded, I gave up. I can't work in Blender (it gives me the rage), so I had to export to 3DS, but something is not right because the transforms are all messed up. I'll try an figure out what's going on when I've finished my part mirroring code.

@lo-fi:

it's strange, because in blender the export FBX pluggin give the ability to manage everything !

keep the standard orientation for all object in blender, and the default setup for axis orientation !

use -Zforwar and yup

And in blender for example for the Empty object WheelCollider orient the Y axis vertical (or yup) like In unity !

the Fbx pluggin manage the correct orientation.

And for scale problem you have message warning for each mesh with bad scale after export, it's very interesting !

this is the actual blender file ready to fbx export

Edit :My last idea for the wheel shifted, it's because I keep the fake wheel under influence of wheelcollider

(it's unity hierarchy problem may be it's working, it's very very late for me, I try to work on that base that after some sleep )

@+

Edited by stephm

That sort of stuff is fine, Steph. What I'm finding is half the bay doors are backward, the pivots are stuck to the mesh and local rotation doesn't work in animation. It's really, really WEIRD. Stuff is literally all over the place

hi !

@OrbitusII

Just realized my last posts are not concerning the subject Post !!

(they concerned only test with stock module no interest here !)

I remove the last post with picture :wink: !

Apologize for that !

Any new for the 747 pluggin ?

steph

hi !

@OrbitusII

Just realized my last posts are not concerning the subject Post !!

(they concerned only test with stock module no interest here !)

I remove the last post with picture :wink: !

Apologize for that !

Any new for the 747 pluggin ?

steph

I posted a couple of pages back saying that I will not, unfortunately, continue my work to completion. Since lo-fi's plugin is actually working and achieves roughly the same functionality, another plugin that tries to do what his does but is completely broken would seem a bit silly.

Depending on what I figure out with the Unity setup, it may or may not be able to handle parts made with Firespitter or stock modules.

If I can get it to work with its own hierarchy, parts will need to be reconfigured in Unity to work correctly. If I can't and have to fall back to the horrendous stock hierarchy then it should work just fine with parts made for Firespitter. Unfortunately, if a part is not configured to have gear compression animations then it will not be able to animate it no matter what.

(un)Fortunately, I may have to change parts of the code to account for KSP's wheel hierarchy requirements, so switching landing gear part modules to this one may be a possibility.

Edit: I think I may have a workaround for the floating, which is just the wheel collider not moving with the animation like it should (KSP's fault, yet again) but I'm sick of dealing with it for today.

Okay, well if you need any help I will assist, not that I know ANYTHING about modding in KSP! Thanks for the reply, keep up with the good work!

Edited by JazeEyed
Double Post

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.