[0.24_2][PF-Independant]Relsah System

KCreator

Now that PlanetFactory is under a GPL licence, I can release my "test plugin", known as Relsah. This, as far as I know, is the first custom star system ever made. Long before PlanetFactory-CE, it was a test.

Features:

-No dependencies

-Working starlight fix

-Lava and acid oceans

-Rings

-Custom atmosphere colours

-Unrealistic planets with minor backstory

Bugs:

-Star fix acts a bit wonky at times

-Sunlight shines through planets sometimes

-Oceans act weird sometimes

Note: I plan to rewrite this in Kopernicus when the cfg parser is released, but I may as well allow people to use these planets now that PF is open source.

Download:

Plugin

Source

Note: If the download links do not work, give them time. I am likely uploading files, my slow net connection makes it difficult.

Credits:

-Space Engine: I used a lot of textures from its planet generator.

-Kragrathea: Wrote a lot of the groundwork for the planet instantiator

-Squad: Creating KSP

License: standard GPL License.

the zip is emty.

It should be fixed now. My upload speed is rubbish.

looks awsome but for the near neon colors on a few of them lol

There are 2 reasons for this:

1) I wanted to push the planet creation system to its limits at the time.

2) Hypothetically speaking: If you had the occupation: "Planetary Engineer", would you want to create and maintain rather dull planets, for potentially billions of years?

And please note, this is an ancient test plugin. That I decided to release to the public after Planet Factory's code was made "Open". It was, as far as I know, the first set of custom planets made, with the first custom atmospheres and oceans orbiting the first instance of a working star.

I plan to remake and rebalance it using the Kopernicus "from scratch" method. mainly when the config loader is complete. And possibly add the Alien structures I had planned. Such as a city.

This issue suffers the same issue that the original PlanetFactoryCE is having. That is, when running KSP 64 bit, rotating with the camera will cause the outlines of the planets and their orbits to shift. It goes back to normal after releasing the right click but it's frustrating.

ly54l4X.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.