PGS Chain Breaker

wMKw6tJ.png

2 Archangel Class Battle Cruisers [Gen 6]

PGS Heaven's Roar

PGS Victory over Death

wDboFjh.png

Song

http://www./download/8mooe8z8tozcumb/persistent.sfs

Hi everyone, more news on the conflict with Zokesia! I just finished the build phase, and I went ahead and set up the install (100% stock, not even KER or Ed tools to free as much machine as I can and ensure fairness) to fight it out in. The thing is, I loaded zekes' save to do a bit of long-distance recon... and he didn't get the mobility/refueling special rule I suggested at all! All Dreks in the save area with full tanks in a clearly hyper-edited orbit....

Let me state the rule again as I had initially thought it out, so it is in the open and perhaps other players can play with the idea: all ships leave from low KERBIN orbit with full tanks. In fact, I'm launching form the ground, then discarding the booster and only counting the mass that makes LKO if we end up going through with it. You then set them up around Mun any way you want, that's the strategic part (and let me tell you, shared equatorial high orbit evenly spaced is not very strategic). Then, after we have duked it out and one of us can move no more ships, the survivor has to limp something into LKO to claim true victory (ok, I'll allow aerobrake even on unshielded ships, otherwise this thing would be hard to not tie). How does that sound now? I'm trying to bring some element of movement tactics into play, space warfare in RL using newtonian rules is something I have thought about often, and I have my own ideas about it. KSP offers a great way to work through them and see what works!

I totally understand if you (zekes) want to keep going as-is, of course, more trouble setting up another save, but I think it would be interesting to try out this variant. We could be showing nice moves to the guys at the battle thread!

Rune. So, what do you think, shall we try something new?

Edited by Rune

I'll be in operation by next week for sure. Got me a fighter, now.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

It's got some unique I-Beam missiles... I'm going to call them "Drillers". I hope that they can pry themselves through gaps in armor and wreak havoc on the inside.

EDIT:

Fleet's coming together now.... presenting:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I was testing the Driller missiles, and one of them got wedged inside the armor plating near the weapons bay of the Lykotaek. It prevented the two SRB main guns from firing.

Edited by Starwhip

Hi everyone, more news on the conflict with Zokesia! I just finished the build phase, and I went ahead and set up the install (100% stock, not even KER or Ed tools to free as much machine as I can and ensure fairness) to fight it out in. The thing is, I loaded zekes' save to do a bit of long-distance recon... and he didn't get the mobility/refueling special rule I suggested at all! All Dreks in the save area with full tanks in a clearly hyper-edited orbit....

Let me state the rule again as I had initially thought it out, so it is in the open and perhaps other players can play with the idea: all ships leave from low KERBIN orbit with full tanks. In fact, I'm launching form the ground, then discarding the booster and only counting the mass that makes LKO if we end up going through with it. You then set them up around Mun any way you want, that's the strategic part (and let me tell you, shared equatorial high orbit evenly spaced is not very strategic). Then, after we have duked it out and one of us can move no more ships, the survivor has to limp something into LKO to claim true victory (ok, I'll allow aerobrake even on unshielded ships, otherwise this thing would be hard to not tie). How does that sound now? I'm trying to bring some element of movement tactics into play, space warfare in RL using newtonian rules is something I have thought about often, and I have my own ideas about it. KSP offers a great way to work through them and see what works!

I totally understand if you (zekes) want to keep going as-is, of course, more trouble setting up another save, but I think it would be interesting to try out this variant. We could be showing nice moves to the guys at the battle thread!

Rune. So, what do you think, shall we try something new?

I'll reset the ships in LKO (sorry i use hyperedit, if i really wanted I could put them all on one ship but it would be 2000+ parts on launch which i really don't want to try XD ) I think i understand now, can you resend me the persist and I'll move my ships back ? I would like to try your new method :)

Edited by zekes

That rule sounds like it could be fun in the Kerbin system. :) Probably wouldn't work interplanetary though.

Also just finished trials of the new Mk-24A Centurion Class Corvette. I'm pretty sure its ready for full combat testing now...

http://i.imgur.com/6UbZTrS.png

That is one of the most beautiful warships I've ever seen.

I think I know what went wrong.

Nothing, there's nothing wrong. I've been shooting at it from every conceivable angle at drek killing range(220m)

sSxgZK9.png

M1TF2we.png

And this is the worst I've come off with. It physically bounced off *boing* changed 30 degrees and continued down along the ship taking out 3 missiles and an engine. It then spun around in circles until it went out of range.

8ucKs7c.png

Either you're shooting those ICBMs that killed the Mk1 or there's some inherit thing about not dealing much damage to ships with weapons if they are both yours, which I guess is lucky this thread exists.

Edited by Spartwo

Nothing, there's nothing wrong. I've been shooting at it from every conceivable angle at drek killing range(220m)

http://i.imgur.com/sSxgZK9.png

http://i.imgur.com/M1TF2we.png

And this is the worst I've come off with. It physically bounced off *boing* changed 30 degrees and continued down along the ship taking out 3 missiles and an engine. It then spun around in circles until it went out of range.

http://i.imgur.com/8ucKs7c.png

Either you're shooting those ICBMs that killed the Mk1 or there's some inherit thing about not dealing much damage to ships with weapons if they are both yours, which I guess is lucky this thread exists.

actually, it was a strange shot... The first time I hit it it bounced off, but the missile survived, so I turned it around and launched again, obliterating it.

your shot looks like it just hit the edge of the ship...

Edited by zekes

Still the best one I got.

Thats why I love guided missiles... I have a 95% hit rate at 300m and they mean you don't need to waste time stopping and positioning the ship for a shot, I just get under 2.5 km and fire some missiles, stop them, and let the mothership drift out of load range... It means I get more shots off faster and more accuracy, which results in more damage.

BATTLE UPDATE!!!!!!

PGS Chain Breaker (Salvation Class Destroyer [Gen 6]) to attack HMS Darmler (Drek XIV-X Battle Cruiser)

kNp1lh8.png

Shot Fired

M4k2CLn.png

Target Lost

Confirmed Kill

AJ1HSp6.png

Now to go collect some prizes

7tzNhcz.png

I forgot to take a picture of the over all damage but lets just say it has a its back it broken and now paralyzed

If we were role playing, you might have been able to say she is alive.

BUT THIS IS GNBC SO SHE DEAD!!!!

http://www./download/8mooe8z8tozcumb/persistent.sfs

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.