Where have you never been?

r4pt0r

Since I posted this Sept 2nd, I have orbited every planet and moon except Eeloo in an attempt to unlock the tech tree in science mode with only space walks and crew reports from space (no landings, no science equipment),

During this time I have finally become good at interplanetary travel. The biggest things I learned was that I can use Kerbal Alarm Clock to set up transfer windows and "focus" on a planet to set up my arrival.

I also learned that I can fly to the Mun and back without batteries, Duna and Eve without solar panels. It was a lot of fun.

That's impressive. It took me months of playing around with interplanetary transfers before I felt even vaguely competent at them.

That's impressive. It took me months of playing around with interplanetary transfers before I felt even vaguely competent at them.

Thanks Red Iron Crown! I really felt a great accomplishment with this last science mode game.

But just so you understand my skills, I also sent a kerbal to the surface of Jool because I forgot to raise my perapsis after changing inclination. I restarted from a quick save and repeated the exact same mistake.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.