Asteroid Contract

I have noticed that in career there are no contracts that involve asteroids. Could there be a mission such as land on a specific asteroid? There could also be science on asteroids like surface samples. There could be different types of asteroid contacts ranging simply from rendezvous with one to capturing one in Kerbin orbit (maybe specific orbits).

So do you think this is a good idea?

I didnt think it was all that big really although it did have a bit of size to it. My first attempt was with a slightly different rocket that actually would have completed the contract but it was luck really as I used all the fuel and still wasnt there yet and I used all the RCS (large tank) that I had to finish the job. When I finally made it, ( I stuck a toothpick in the keyboard to hold the thrust key down because it took so long) I looked at the contract and the eject portion had a green checkmark but the have a newly discovered in tow part didnt. I was pretty bummed about it.

So I built a bigger new design and launched that at a new target. This time I made sure that was checked when I captured the asteroid. lol

So, this is what happened. Ship didnt have enough fuel after capture. This applies to both attempts. So I brought it into orbit and sent up another ship to refuel it, used the same ship. Where I think things went wrong the first time was after I had captures with the refueling ship, I just transferred the fuel from the first ship to the second ship and ejected the first ship. Used the refuel ship to eject it from the system. I didnt go check the contract until later. I should have kept the first ship and ejected the refuel ship. Doh!

Second attempt I did the same thing only I kept the first capture ship and ejected the refuel ship. It completed that time. Lesson learned there. BTW, I didnt make any money on that contract. lol :)

I dont have anyway to attach an image of the ship, sorry.

Edited by Kevin Kyle

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.