Allow Editing of Ships With Missing Parts

Missing parts could be replaced by a generic placeholder part that does not have any function and only acts as a structural element with as many attach points as used in the .craft file. Its model could be a bright pink sphere, for instance.

It is possible to implement and it would make some people happy. When someone has a problem and sends me his .craft file to troubleshoot, I'm out of luck unless I install all mods he used for the ship, which usually means I give up. But it's hard to tell if devs will find it worth the trouble implementing it.

Missing parts could be replaced by a generic placeholder part that does not have any function and only acts as a structural element with as many attach points as used in the .craft file. Its model could be a bright pink sphere, for instance.

It is possible to implement and it would make some people happy. When someone has a problem and sends me his .craft file to troubleshoot, I'm out of luck unless I install all mods he used for the ship, which usually means I give up. But it's hard to tell if devs will find it worth the trouble implementing it.

It really ought to be part of proper error handling, in my opinion, but I suppose that's all down to what the devs think is worthwhile, really.

I would argue that instead of placing a generic placeholder, just disconnect the section.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.