[1.0.4] BoxSat vA.02f - Updated 09/16/2015

DasPenguin85

Which days & time are you more likely to watch a BoxSat development stream on Twitch?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Which days & time are you more likely to watch a BoxSat development stream on Twitch?

• Day: Friday
    • Day: Saturday
    • Day: Sunday
    • Time: Afternoon
    • Time: Evening

Me and ModuleManager still not getting along or, I'm missing how to write a patch to fix and add to the BoxSat prototypes

PART
{

// --- general parameters ---
name = 62cm_BoxSat_LFOEngine_PayloadModule
module = Part
author = Das Penguin and Orcmaul

// --- asset parameters ---
MODEL
{
model = BoxSat prototypes/PayloadFrame/62cm_BoxSat_MPEngine_PayloadModule
//scale = 1, 1, 1
}
//scale = 1.0
rescaleFactor = 1

// --- node definitions ---
// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.550, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

TechRequired = precisionEngineering
entryCost = 0
cost = 400
category = Engine
subcategory = 0
title = 62cm BoxSat BPR-1 Bipropellant Engine
manufacturer = K-Haul Moving and Satellites
description = (prototype) This engine burns liquid fuel and oxidizer but it has markings on it for monopropellant. The new paint scheme is still in development.

attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

mass = 0.02
dragModelType = default
//maximum_drag = 0.2
//minimum_drag = 0.15
//angularDrag = 1.5
crashTolerance = 3
maxTemp = 1600

fx_exhaustFlame_white_tiny = 0.0, -0.2816985, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, running

sound_vent_medium = engage
sound_rocket_mini = running
sound_vent_soft = disengage

RESOURCE
{
name = LiquidFuel
amount = 13.764
maxAmount = 13.764
}

RESOURCE
{
name = Oxidizer
amount = 16.8
maxAmount = 16.8
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleEngines
thrustVectorTransformName = thrustTransform
exhaustDamage = False
ignitionThreshold = 0.1
minThrust = 0
maxThrust = 2
heatProduction = 30
fxOffset = 0, 0, 0.02
{ [COLOR="#FF0000"]<------------------ Here Missing PROPELLANT[/COLOR]
name = LiquidFuel
ratio = 0.9
}
PROPELLANT
{
name = Oxidizer
ratio = 1.1
}
atmosphereCurve
{
key = 0 350
key = 1 300
}

}
}

should look like

PART
{

module = Part

MODEL
{
//scale = 1, 1, 1
}
//scale = 1.0
rescaleFactor = 1

entryCost = 0
cost = 400
category = Engine
subcategory = 0
description = (prototype) This engine burns liquid fuel and oxidizer but it has markings on it for monopropellant. The new paint scheme is still in development.

attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

mass = 0.02
dragModelType = default
//maximum_drag = 0.2
//minimum_drag = 0.15
//angularDrag = 1.5
crashTolerance = 3
maxTemp = 1600

RESOURCE
{
name = LiquidFuel
amount = 13.764
maxAmount = 13.764
}

RESOURCE
{
name = Oxidizer
amount = 16.8
maxAmount = 16.8
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleEngines
exhaustDamage = False
ignitionThreshold = 0.1
minThrust = 0
maxThrust = 2
heatProduction = 30
fxOffset = 0, 0, 0.02
PROPELLANT // [COLOR="#FF0000"]<----------- Here added[/COLOR]
{
name = LiquidFuel
ratio = 0.9
DrawGauge = True // [COLOR="#FF0000"]<----------- Here added[/COLOR]
}
PROPELLANT
{
name = Oxidizer
ratio = 1.1
}
atmosphereCurve
{
key = 0 350
key = 1 300
}

}
}

EDIT- So if someone could write a MM patch to add the changes so, I can see what, I'm doing wrong would be alot of help as editting the file works fine, I change would like to know how to write the patch.

EDIT- Try'ed alot of way but don't know why this don't work

@PART[62cm_BoxSat_LFOEngine_PayloadModule]
{
PROPELLANT
{
name = LiquidFuel
ratio = 0.9
DrawGauge = True
}
}

Edited by Mecripp2

Me and ModuleManager still not getting along or, I'm missing how to write a patch to fix and add to the BoxSat prototypes
PART
{

module = Part

MODEL
{
//scale = 1, 1, 1
}
//scale = 1.0
rescaleFactor = 1

entryCost = 0
cost = 400
category = Engine
subcategory = 0

attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

mass = 0.02
dragModelType = default
//maximum_drag = 0.2
//minimum_drag = 0.15
//angularDrag = 1.5
crashTolerance = 3
maxTemp = 1600

RESOURCE
{
name = LiquidFuel
amount = 13.764
maxAmount = 13.764
}

RESOURCE
{
name = Oxidizer
amount = 16.8
maxAmount = 16.8
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleEngines
exhaustDamage = False
ignitionThreshold = 0.1
minThrust = 0
maxThrust = 2
heatProduction = 30
fxOffset = 0, 0, 0.02
{ [COLOR="#FF0000"]<------------------ Here Missing PROPELLANT[/COLOR]
name = LiquidFuel
ratio = 0.9
}
PROPELLANT
{
name = Oxidizer
ratio = 1.1
}
atmosphereCurve
{
key = 0 350
key = 1 300
}

}
}

should look like

PART
{

module = Part

MODEL
{
//scale = 1, 1, 1
}
//scale = 1.0
rescaleFactor = 1

entryCost = 0
cost = 400
category = Engine
subcategory = 0

attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

mass = 0.02
dragModelType = default
//maximum_drag = 0.2
//minimum_drag = 0.15
//angularDrag = 1.5
crashTolerance = 3
maxTemp = 1600

RESOURCE
{
name = LiquidFuel
amount = 13.764
maxAmount = 13.764
}

RESOURCE
{
name = Oxidizer
amount = 16.8
maxAmount = 16.8
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleEngines
exhaustDamage = False
ignitionThreshold = 0.1
minThrust = 0
maxThrust = 2
heatProduction = 30
fxOffset = 0, 0, 0.02
PROPELLANT // [COLOR="#FF0000"]<----------- Here added[/COLOR]
{
name = LiquidFuel
ratio = 0.9
DrawGauge = True // [COLOR="#FF0000"]<----------- Here added[/COLOR]
}
PROPELLANT
{
name = Oxidizer
ratio = 1.1
}
atmosphereCurve
{
key = 0 350
key = 1 300
}

}
}

EDIT- So if someone could write a MM patch to add the changes so, I can see what, I'm doing wrong would be alot of help as editting the file works fine, I change would like to know how to write the patch.

{
PROPELLANT
{
name = LiquidFuel
ratio = 0.9
DrawGauge = True
}
}

I'll try and release a revised set of prototype parts as soon as I have some time. There were a few more prototypes that didn't make it in the pack due to time constraints.

This mod makes sats utterly, absolutely, adorable.

...excepting when you weren't paying attention and in your quest for balanced CoM while keeping enough battery power for 2 hours of darkness ended up creating a flying swastika...

Still, utterly adorable. Now off to go and combine a boxy sat with those little lightes from whatever mod it was (B9?) to put glowy smiley faces and frowny faces on them.

Seriously, it makes the lil probes more endearing. More reason to be glad for 0.90...only learned of this mod from seeing it be ready for 0.90.

Thanks for creating and sharing this :)

Would it be possible to add some scansat modules to the list of shelves I would really appreciate it. Its a great mod enjoying sending them everywhere also the payload frames need an additional attachment node added to the bottom so you can decouple them from a launch vehicle

Edited by Virtualgenius

Would it be possible to add some scansat modules to the list of shelves I would really appreciate it. Its a great mod enjoying sending them everywhere also the payload frames need an additional attachment node added to the bottom so you can decouple them from a launch vehicle

I'm fairly certain that the bottom of the payload frame has a node because that's where I attached my booster during testing. The engine goes inside the frame and fires out the hole in the bottom. Perhaps I am misunderstanding how you are trying to use it. Can you post a picture of what you've built?

Its how the Weld mod saves and how I started off but then I learned how to make my own. Once I understood how the Model {} section works, it was much easier. If you want to experiment a tip I picked up was to make a game folder stripped down the the minimum you need for testing, and when editing save your changes, use the reload debug option from the space center, and go back into the SPH to see the changes. It saves a HUGE amount of time. These where a bit finicky because even small changes made a big difference. I have no idea why the part spins around off centered on the Goo one though... There is no real difference between it and the Mat lab.

Need help lol trying to stock weld put can just get the one model to show if you use ScanSat and if you don't mind can, I send you 3 craft files ?

This is funny to me ( compact big satellite ) well stack 2 you still have as you put it compact big satellite and you have your 8 and if your using ScanSat your going to need Battery and then if you are using RT2 on top of that you might want to stack 1 more box for more Battery and room on outside for all the dishes you need.

EDIT- Really people, I stack 2 and 3 no problem your asking this guys to do alot of work for 2 slots when you can stack them and is going to be close to the same size LOL your killing me.

EDIT- LOL sorry have to say it and if you have TweakScale they added some cfg so you can have smaller or bigger compact big satellite hehe Happy Holiday to all.

I understand what you mean,but I'm still thinking that it would be possible to make 6 or 8 slots compact satellites

(in following pictures : red line is box's size and black lines are layer's size)

stacking 2 default boxes would make something like this : zWFYpWR.png

while making a longer rectangular boxe (that would have 6 slots) would be like this : PxJCwPO.png

or making a bigger almost cubic box (or totally cubic) would allow 8 slots (10 in the case of a cubic one) in a more comact way : L5wOka0.png

(seen from the top,midle square include 4 layer of stuff or 6 if the box is cubic)

that system would allow to put more stuff and to be a lot more compact,but yeah,sticking 2 boxes together does work,but is not as compact as a bigger box

about tweakscale,it may change the size of the satellite,but not the amount of stuff in it

happy holidays to you too :wink:

Edited by bart74

LOL it's to close to the same size for the work they would have to do and your only talking about 2 to 4 slots more really don't see 8 slot being better then just 2 stacked your not saving that much space at all and like, I said unless your editting your files which is ok with me but your going to need like on your 6 slot need the 2 ex-slot for Battery for like ScanSat or RT to last the darkside.

EDIT- And if it's to long for you check DigitalProeliator post here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/91616-0-90-BoxSat-vA-02c-Updated-12-24-2014?p=1613419&viewfull=1#post1613419

EDIT- This is what was trying to do BOXSCANNER2.pngBOXSCANNER.png

Edited by Mecripp2

I'm fairly certain that the bottom of the payload frame has a node because that's where I attached my booster during testing. The engine goes inside the frame and fires out the hole in the bottom. Perhaps I am misunderstanding how you are trying to use it. Can you post a picture of what you've built?

Then I am using it incorrectly then, I attached the engine to the solid box the one with only one hole and that of course leaves you with no node to attach the motor to a decoupler they are great little engines and if they had a bottom node they would serve other applications

Here is what i built

s2Mg0Ai.png

For some strange reason the MM file isnt putting Mechjeb in the probe core still trying to work that one out

Edited by Virtualgenius

Then I am using it incorrectly then, I attached the engine to the solid box the one with only one hole and that of course leaves you with no node to attach the motor to a decoupler they are great little engines and if they had a bottom node they would serve other applications

Here is what i built

http://i.imgur.com/s2Mg0Ai.png

For some strange reason the MM file isnt putting Mechjeb in the probe core still trying to work that one out

What patch are you using ?

EDIT- I use

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[MechJebCore]]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}
}

Edited by Mecripp2

This one

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[MechJebCore]]:Final

{

MODULE

{

name = MechJebCore

}

}

Works for everything except boxsat

Did you copy over the one's that come with it ?

EDIT- If so then that one won't run because it has the module but if your in a career then it's limited but think there is a bug in that part now but not sure, I don't use that patch that comes with it.

Edited by Mecripp2

I have a test install with MJ and boxsat installed and the MM Dll I have tried using the MM file included I have tried using yours and tired using mine it doesnt accept any of them and I am not sure why

F89YPsr.png

I think I will download the mod again and verify the install and see how we go

Edited by Virtualgenius

Did you check inside both BoxSat folders ?

EDIT- Or are you adding a Probecore to the box ? BOXSAT_MJ.png

EDIT- O and update you MM that one think was broke or buggy and get ModuleManager.2.5.6

EDIT- My bad it was ModuleManager.2.5.5 that was broke.

EDIT- You sure you saved as .cfg and not .cfg.txt ?

EDIT- Try this https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/MechJebCore.cfg.zip if that don't work you have to be running a cfg for it somewhere.

Edited by Mecripp2

yep the only MM file is the included one, just verified the install downloaded the mod again still doesnt assign it I will edit the part cfg to add the module and see if that works

MM dll must have been broken downloaded 2.5.6 and its fixed thanks for all your great help I will give you some rep

Edited by Virtualgenius

Need help lol trying to stock weld put can just get the one model to show if you use ScanSat and if you don't mind can, I send you 3 craft files ?

If you want me to take a look sure. Im guessing your trying to make some Scansat Parts or is it something else? If you want to, you can send me a PM or an email through my profile page. Id rather not clutter up this page with unrelated things.

Edited by DigitalProeliator

If you want me to take a look sure. Im guessing your trying to make some Scansat Parts or is it something else? If you want to, you can send me a PM or an email through my profile page. Id rather not clutter up this page with unrelated things.

Got the scanners on the probecore part still need to re-write the part files but was trying to get them work first thanks for the help.

I am having a slight issue with BoxSat and Tweakscale, I just finished a post on Tweakscale's thread and wanted to post it here as well. When i scale up the BoxSat frame to say 1.25 along with all trays, hatch, and solar panels, it works fine. However when i reload or revert the frame vanishes ( i am assuming it shrinks down back to 6.25cm). The trays, hatch and solar panels are still large however the frame can no longer be seen and the parts just seem to be floating there unattached. I love this mod keep up the good work, Thanks!

I am having a slight issue with BoxSat and Tweakscale, I just finished a post on Tweakscale's thread and wanted to post it here as well. When i scale up the BoxSat frame to say 1.25 along with all trays, hatch, and solar panels, it works fine. However when i reload or revert the frame vanishes ( i am assuming it shrinks down back to 6.25cm). The trays, hatch and solar panels are still large however the frame can no longer be seen and the parts just seem to be floating there unattached. I love this mod keep up the good work, Thanks!

Thats a bug with tweakscale on revert launch thats why somethimes, I like to just write a MM to rescale parts no bugs that way but does add alot of parts.

So is there any plan for an RTG part for box sat? Even with just half of the stock RTG energy generation, it would be enough to cut down energy consumption of RT2 antennas and other stuff by a lot, and would prevent us having to use a lot of battery modules, or use unwieldy radial batteries.

So is there any plan for an RTG part for box sat? Even with just half of the stock RTG energy generation, it would be enough to cut down energy consumption of RT2 antennas and other stuff by a lot, and would prevent us having to use a lot of battery modules, or use unwieldy radial batteries.

I just editted the one of the parts and added it.

I just editted the one of the parts and added it.

I like an official nice looking part with proper model though. I think I can also tweakscale some tiny RTG then put them to the empty rack, but that doesn't look nice, and adds unnecessary part counts, and very op. Just want to know if such a part is in the plan. I can wait for things if they need time to be done, though I would rather not getting false hope. :P

should look like

PART
{

module = Part

MODEL
{
//scale = 1, 1, 1
}
//scale = 1.0
rescaleFactor = 1

entryCost = 0
cost = 400
category = Engine
subcategory = 0

attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

mass = 0.02
dragModelType = default
//maximum_drag = 0.2
//minimum_drag = 0.15
//angularDrag = 1.5
crashTolerance = 3
maxTemp = 1600

RESOURCE
{
name = LiquidFuel
amount = 13.764
maxAmount = 13.764
}

RESOURCE
{
name = Oxidizer
amount = 16.8
maxAmount = 16.8
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleEngines
exhaustDamage = False
ignitionThreshold = 0.1
minThrust = 0
maxThrust = 2
heatProduction = 30
fxOffset = 0, 0, 0.02
PROPELLANT // [COLOR=#FF0000]<----------- Here added[/COLOR]
{
name = LiquidFuel
ratio = 0.9
DrawGauge = True // [COLOR=#FF0000]<----------- Here added[/COLOR]
}
PROPELLANT
{
name = Oxidizer
ratio = 1.1
}
atmosphereCurve
{
key = 0 350
key = 1 300
}

}
}

{
PROPELLANT
{
name = LiquidFuel
ratio = 0.9
DrawGauge = True
}
}

It's not working because you are editing a module. You need to reflect that in the MM config.

{
@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
PROPELLANT
{
name = LiquidFuel
ratio = 0.9
DrawGauge = True
}
}

Should make it work.

It's not working because you are editing a module. You need to reflect that in the MM config.

{
@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
PROPELLANT
{
name = LiquidFuel
ratio = 0.9
DrawGauge = True
}
}

Should make it work.

Thought, I tryed that and it still didn't work but maybe, I didn't get it right will try that after edit the file back and see and thanks for the help.

I haven't paid attention to it before, but the Macroni Crossed dipole antenna (the flat 4 sticks one) has a range of 12mil meters for Remote tech 2? So it is an omni antenna that can reach the Mun from kerbin? That..is pretty more than what I expected.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.