sepratrons falling off

A mostly typical multistage rocket launching from kerbin under stock aerodynamics.

I've tested this on the launch-pad in a very quick manner, flying up a ways and letting stage go after a few seconds just to check functionality, and the rocket passes this. The problem is when I actually do this for keeps and all the stages are out of fuel when they get decoupled, a pair of sepratrons disconnects from the srbs they are attached to and simply charge off somewhere.

KW Rocketry SRBs, throttle-limited so they burn out when I want them gone anyways, mounted on the wire-standoff radial decouplers.

http://imgur.com/kVaGwmw

Figure 1 is the first set dropped, and those work fine.

Figure 2 marks the ones that simply fall off. :(

I've tried placing the sepratrons on the sides where Figure 3 is, and across the SRBs that makes them ALL fall off... I originally thought this might be from damage, and I've tried varying their height, different angles etc. In every case I've tried to make sure the thrust from one sepratron is not hitting another one. While the setup pictured comes very very close, I don't think they are hitting? (edit: this is the closest I've come to making this work, in the sense only one pair of seps are unsticking, as opposed to every one I put on)

Is this a bug or is there something I'm missing?

I noticed recently (but even in previous versions) that sometimes you stick part A to part B, it sits pretty on it, but then you stage off part B and part A continues sitting pretty in space where part B used to be. Clearly it only appears to be attached to B while it is in reality attached to some other part.

Usually this seems to be caused by combining symmetry modes.

Try this:

- remove all sepatrons

- change symmetry to x1

- tear the whole stage from your ship and stick it back. All its copies should disappear.

- stick a sepatron to it

- change symmetry back to x4

- tear the stage off the ship (including the sepatron) and stick it back. Its copies should appear on the ship as well.

- rearrange staging

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.