Would anyone watch a science KSP series I make?

bgrif59

Hey guys, bgrif59 here.

Tell me if this is the wrong place to post this thread, but would anyone watch a science series? Made by me on my channel. Some of you may have already seen the SSTO video i put up, and that like immediatly boosted my measly views by a fair bit :D

Channel link is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEg6f1FaMmXJGC68Ew8s45g

Again, please tell me if this is the wrong place to put this, or if i am breaking a rule. Just interested!

Cheers.

Maybe. I'd have to see an actual episode first. I'm all for more science and maths videos utilizing KSP, although in its present state KSP just doesn't support all that much beyond simple astrodynamics. What all do you plan to cover?

Ah sorry, I may have said that wrong. Not a science series as such, but the science mode. Sorry for any confusion. And I am planning to make a background story to the series aswell. My mic isn't the best and so isn't my editing software, but I hope I suffice :)

Ah sorry, I may have said that wrong. Not a science series as such, but the science mode. Sorry for any confusion. And I am planning to make a background story to the series aswell. My mic isn't the best and so isn't my editing software, but I hope I suffice :)

It really depends on the content (narrating in an entertaining way can be difficult), but I'll give it a look-see.

Got a chance to watch the video. I didn't find anything wrong with your voice, although except the volume was a bit low, and combined with a bit of sing-songy intonation it's a bit hard to follow. I've the habit of doing the same thing, so when I read or speak to others I have to make an effort to break rhythm or just the sound of my voice puts people to sleep.

I was also kind of confused about what your installed mods were (that's going to affect your goals on a per-session basis). That made it a bit difficult to identify with the experience. Unfortunately, I'm a bit goal-oriented, so typically I you-tube to learn how to solve specific problems rather than watch people chill and play. There's nothing wrong with that, and a lot of people do it, but I'm less lkely to tune into that kind of thing. But you seem pretty good at the game, so I think you'd have a lot to share with a bit more organization applied. Good luck!

The trouble with doing a series on career mode is that it's going to get more and more difficult as you go on. When you start out there are lots of short, quick missions with lots happening and lots to say but you'll hit a point where it becomes much harder to be snappy, even with some judicious editing. It's a good idea though, maybe you could branch out into other sorts of videos too?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.