NASA to launch 5 rockets from VA Wed night

acidlauncher

Just a heads up for those of us who may be able to see them:

Posted by RCC on 2012-03-19 at 17:07:37 EDT

The ATREX mission has been scheduled for Wednesday, March 21, from midnight to 5 a.m. EDT. The countdown will begin at 7 p.m., Tuesday, March 20. Webcast of the mission will begin at 8 p.m., Tuesday, March 20.

http://sites.wff.nasa.gov/webcast/

and explaining the mission

http://www.space.com/14902-nasa-rocket-launches-east-coast-skywatching.html

I was most intrigued by Trimethyl Aluminum being used as the tracer.

But that\'s probably because I\'m in a ton of chemistry courses.

It\'s funny to think how many people will freak out when they see the sky that night

update:

Posted by RCC on 2012-03-20 at 18:10:01 EDT

Countdown begins at 7 p.m. tonight for the ATREX mission The launch window is midnight to 3 a.m. Probability of acceptable weather for launch is less than 10%. Webcast begins at 8 p.m.

and it\'s wed AM, not wed night ;P

I hope this gets pushed back to Saturday morning so I can stay up to watch it. I also can\'t wait to see the nuts over at Prison Planet and AboveTopSecret go nuts over this. There\'s already an ATS thread about this being proof of chemtrails.

Some one needs to send Jeb in. He\'d have gotten those rockets launched tonight!

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

The rockets are no problem, it\'s seeing the upper atmosphere that\'s the problem.

just another update

scrubbed tonight (22/23 march) due to weather and surface traffic

no go for tomorrow so the earliest they\'ll launch now is saturday night/sunday AM

but NASA answered my tweeted question to them on the livestream.... VERY COOL!!!

ok.... tonight is looking the best so far, even with the winds

they are getting ready to send up some test rockets (about the size of an arm) to get their tracking radars set up..... launchers are elevating and they are in launch window until 0500 EDT

looks like they are almost all green - cut about half the countdown out and the test rockets....

Jeb must be at the controls

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.