K-Auto Vehicle Pack

TonyKLZ

Hello! :)

Let me to introduce you my collection of rovers with a human-alike design :D

All of them are built with minimal part-clipping, so they don't look like a mess of parts. 100% vanilla-game friendly. All of vehicles (well, most) have a nice sub-assembly spot to glue them to your rockets :D

1st generation (off-road & sedan)

09tdmpe0y8zd.jpg

2nd generation (concept & hotrod)

c6a47swv1lu5.png

3rd generation (coupe & tanker truck)

383cuyctifxu.png

v2ujzjn2envb.png

MOAR screenshots!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

warning: part-heavy! | check action groups

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/avebvm4y4f0wadr/K-Auto%20Vehicle%20Pack.rar?dl=0

Edited by TonyKLZ

Amazing! I always love seeing what people can do with the stock parts. I can never seem to make anything look the way I want with regards to rover design. The rules for how things can attach to each other always winds up foiling my plans or I end up wanting to change a part that is buried.

I'm kind of curious if the orange tanker would be able to dock to something properly if it had a docking part on the back. Be neat to use it or a similar design to transport fuel to a pickup craft for that Kethane mod I've been meaning to try.

Amazing! I always love seeing what people can do with the stock parts. I can never seem to make anything look the way I want with regards to rover design. The rules for how things can attach to each other always winds up foiling my plans or I end up wanting to change a part that is buried.

Thanks :) It was a long way, each craft takes for a couple of hours to assemble.

I'm kind of curious if the orange tanker would be able to dock to something properly if it had a docking part on the back. Be neat to use it or a similar design to transport fuel to a pickup craft for that Kethane mod I've been meaning to try.

The truck uses a "claw" for docking with a trailer, so if there will be a kethane variant of my orange trailer, it will dock to it more then successfully :) The idea of using "the claw", was to have a hinge in a connection, turned on be clicking "free pivot" on claw grappling device.

The idea of using "the claw", was to have a hinge in a connection, turned on be clicking "free pivot" on claw grappling device.

Yea, I caught that and found it to be rather ingenious!

I think the claw is one of the most versatile parts in all of KSP. I've been experimenting with how far you can push it for connecting things myself: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/91948-Is-it-Possible-to-Link-Three-Asteroids-in-a-Triangle/page2#14

Yea, I caught that and found it to be rather ingenious!

I think the claw is one of the most versatile parts in all of KSP. I've been experimenting with how far you can push it for connecting things myself: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/91948-Is-it-Possible-to-Link-Three-Asteroids-in-a-Triangle/page2#14

Claw was the key to my fully-reusable all-stock Laythe aviation :)

0b5ef0qyguhf.png

There is a passenger plane to transfer Kerbals around Laythe, and an exploration VTOL plane - all of them can be refuelled with the unmanned utility rover. If that rover runs out of fuel itself - it can easily restore it's supplies from that huge ARM cistern (no oxidiser inside). Using turbojets appeared to be a very economical way to fly, so I think I'll never run out of fuel on this moon :)

Claw was the key to my fully-reusable all-stock Laythe aviation :)

Ooh, I do like that! I'd eventually like to set up a base on Laythe that can support itself like that. For as long as I've been playing KSP I've actually yet to visit another planet so I'm working on visiting Duna tonight. If that goes well I may try employing some of these techniques.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.