Had two u.f.o.s fly by ...

Ike's Magic Boulder (currently not in the game... or is it?), didn't register on the flight map, or show any markings or indicators at all. It was just a boulder flying through space. Not impossible that there are "UFOs" in the game, made in relatively the same way as Ike's Magic Boulder, and thus are undetectable except by plain sight (or collision).

Edited by Masetto

Or he'd need to have been recording anyway.

Which I had mentioned by the second counterargument - "or he'd need to be a wizard that can predict the future to see when he would get another UFO sighting".

If he just tried to "wing it" and recorded his KSP playthrough all the way until he spotted an UFO, then the result would be a ridiculously long video that probably wouldn't catch the UFO in-tape.

<dd>No other object has been misidentified as a flying saucer more often than the planet Eve.</dd><dd>Even the former leader of your United States of Kermrica, James Earl Kerman Jr., thought he saw a UFO once... But it's been proven he only saw the planet Eve.</dd><dd>Eve was at its peak brilliance last night. You probably thought you saw something up in the sky other than Eve, but I assure you, it was Eve.</dd><dd>Your scientists have yet to discover how neural networks create self-consciousness, let alone how the Kerbal brain processes two-dimensional retinal images into the three-dimensional phenomenon known as perception. Yet you somehow brazenly declare seeing is believing? Mister Kerman, your scientific illiteracy makes me shudder, and I wouldn't flaunt your ignorance by telling anyone that you saw anything last night other than the planet Eve, because if you do...</dd>

Does it happen while you have a pop-up open in the middle of the screen (like science output etc)? I've occasionally seen the mouse-over text fly off into space, in the distance. It's a hilarious bug. And it's usually too small to read, but I run at a pretty high resolution, so I can sometimes make it out.

That's it. It's the mouse over text that's flying by. The first times it was just too small to be read, though some structure in the flyby could be recognized. But the last time an easily legible "DISCARD" flew away from the ship.

I'll tell Jeb not to throw anything out of the window anymore :-)

Klaus

It was Jebbediah. His helmet was smashed in, one of his eyes was missing and so was most of his jaw. There was torn skin everywhere and strange crystalline structures protruding out of his skull. He was moving what was left of his jaw, almost as if trying to crack a smile

Great story :).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.