ZXC Polaris (Cruiser)

Y7IbLcP.png

ZXC Corporation

Polaris

The Polaris is the first cruiser from the fledgling ZXC Corporation, as well as being the first that was built in orbit. It can hold 9 crew members in the main structure, and two more in the landers off the sides. While the total delta-V has not yet been calculated, it is scheduled to take a test flight to Minmus, where the new model of landers can be assessed, and replaced if needed. For this purpose, all landers attached to the craft must have remote control, save for emergency situations.

Specifications:

Maximum Electric Charge: 16860 Units

Monopropellant Capacity: 3675

Liquid Fuel/Oxidiser: 1890/2310

Delta-V: Pending Review

Engines (Main): Nuclear Engines, 4

Engines (Secondary): None

Flight Plan(s): Kerbin-Minmus, Return

Retrofit

Kerbin-Laythe, Long-Term

Crew: 7/9

Emergency Passenger Capacity: 3/9

Additional Craft:

Lander(s): KAF Independent Experimental Lander (Trial)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Notes

Thank you for taking the time to read this far, if indeed you have. As is probably blindingly obvious, this is my first craft launched in multiple modules that remains mobile, and there are sure to be several stupid design mistakes, which will hopefully improve in the fullness of time. My primary concern is having the main (read:only) engines mounted partway along like that, but my hope is that it will help in stabilising the whole thing. The "retrofit" mentioned above is where I'm going to replace Crew Module B with extra engines and an auxiliary fuel tank, so I can reach the further reaches of the Kerbol system. A more capable lander would also be welcome, but I'm not holding my breath. It's a bad idea in space, anyway.

I hope you derived some sense of satisfaction from the post above, and I'll be back at some point with Delta-V answers.

ANSWERS, DAMMIT!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.