Can you own ksp on multiple computers?

I currently have the demo, and I'm really interested in buying the full version, but I was wondering how owning the game works, like do you get an account so you can log into the game on a different computer and play it too, or can you only play with the original game you downloaded?

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, sorry if it's not.

Edited by Ezra

There is no DRM in KSP, nothing technical to stop you from installing it on several computers. Not sure if there are license terms limiting it legally. I think if you have it on more than one computer for personal use you should be in the clear. Installing it on your friends' computers would not be cool, though.

Also, welcome to the forums!

The answer: Yes, sort of.

You don't need to log on to play the game. It is saved on your hard drive. You can buy it from the KSP store, where you only need to log on to update or download the game, or from Steam, which works like Steam.

Regardless if you buy it on Steam (which I would recommend if you use Steam) or from the KSP Store, you can copy and modify your game file any way you like. As long as you don't try to sell it as your own game.

You can save copies of previous versions, make multiples copies on one computer for multiple games(different mods for each game), or copy it to another computer (laptop, USB, etc.)

The license terms on the FAQ clearly allows you to install on multiple machines, *for your own use only*

Not stated as explicitly, but normally included in this type of agreement, is to allow a second party to play on your computer as direct proxy to you. Typically, Dad showing his kids the finer points of spacelaunch construction techniques.

But if they want to start playing seriously, better to purchase a seperate license.

This sort of license will never condone one license copy being installed and played simultaneously on two or more computers.

disclaimer: I am not employed by, represent nor am in any way affiliated with the creators of this game. The statement above reflects my own interpretation of the license rules as I perceive them.

• 11 months later...

I'd like to purchase 4 licenses of KSP to setup a Kerbal-LAB at a convention (ConClave Inc.) and other locations in the future... can I do that via Steam? Can I work out a licensing deal? Can I get Squad's OK to install MY copy 4 times (for a day) at this convention?

I'd like to purchase 4 licenses of KSP to setup a Kerbal-LAB at a convention (ConClave Inc.) and other locations in the future... can I do that via Steam? Can I work out a licensing deal? Can I get Squad's OK to install MY copy 4 times (for a day) at this convention?

Might be better to email [email protected] with those sorts of questions, I'm sure something can be worked out.

Edited by Red Iron Crown
Fixed typo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.