Geosynchronous Orbit?

• 1 month later...

If you find you can\'t lower your thrust quickly enough to keep it accurate, remember that the \'X\' key can be used to immediately stop all engines, without having to hold Ctrl until they switch off.

My usual approach for satellites is to have RCS as the only thrust source on the satellite itself. More than enough to adjust orbit on any craft once they\'ve been boosted as high as geosynch, and even to deorbit them if you brought enough RCS fuel. Combined with an SAS or ASAS and knowledge of orbital mechanics, it\'s the perfect tool for the job.

I just wish nearly-circular orbits didn\'t jitter so much.

• 1 year later...
Also -- if you start at an orbit of 475km and start your transfer 90 degrees before KSC, your geosynchronous orbit will be directly above KSC. The 475km -> geosynch transfer has become a staple of my gameplay. :D

I tried the same thing... problem is, I ran out of fuel right at the essential moment... I ended up holding down H to use the RCS thrusters for about 10 minutes straight :D

I have learned more than one thing from this post.....which game me more ideas to build.

THING 1)!!! what is a geosynchronous orbit...

THINGY #two) the actual geosynchronous orbit.