B9 Aerospace Crach (enter launch) - How to install x32?

Hey guys, I think I found postings that tackle the issue of this type of crash, but the only responses I see are that x64 cannot be properly treated right now?

That is understandable, but it leads me to ask:

How do I install x32bit Kerbal? I am running it through Steam so if doing it through that is possible, great, if no, where else can I go?

Thank you in advance.

(If you feel this does not tackle the crash issue, please post whatever other options I have - yes I could remove the addon, but that is my hopeful non-endgame)

Also:

I am happy to attach any logs I could find, if you wish, but I am not getting bsod. The game just uninitializes and I go to the desktop.

I am running 16gb ram on an overclocked machine, so the crashes seem odd. I've not found similar crashes purely because of the mods' use; only presumptively because of the x64 program.

Here is the log: (just read the instructions again, sorry)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k6zcafbpnqdlx0o/output_log.txt?dl=0

Also, maybe I am running 32bit and had only assumed? Sorry for the trouble.

My list of addons:

B9 Aerospace (with firespitter) (Unofficial repack since the standard only crashes on gameload)

KW Rocketry

KAS

NearFuture Construction/Propolsion/Solar

SpaceplanePlus

StationScience

ExsurgentEngineering

If you need anything else, let me know. I can look up the versions if you'd like but I just downloaded them last week so they are all current.

Edited by barlow.a

I wanted to include that one crash had happened after pressing save in the hangar. That was the other day when the issue started and there have been 20+ crashes since. The others were from clicking launch, either at the main base screen or in the hangar, or at the revert to construction button on the launch pad/in the air.

First you can check which version you are running from the main menu. Just look in the bottom right corner where the KSP version number is. If you are running x64, it will have (x64) after the version number. Also, steam generally defaults to the 32 bit.

Second, from your mod list, you are probably running out of memory. Also, I saw references to FASA and a few other mods in your log.

I had removed a couple mods and that was one of them. Possible they are intertwined somewhere within. I will try a fresh install in case.

Also, I guess if I am limited by 32 bit I could run out of memory, but I would also assume that would create a bsod and not just a game shut down.

I have looked in and around the main menu and it does not tell me which version I am running, but I will assume 32 bit because it is through steam.

I will try a reinstall...see if that helps. Also a fresh install of the above-listed mods.

The Steam version of the game includes both the x86 and the x64 versions. The default icon that goes to your desktop (if you chose to have one) runs 32-bit (x86) through the Steam client. To run x64 you have to manually select the file and / or modify the shortcut.

In other words, you already have 32-bit KSP installed. Just run ksp.exe.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.