EVA and the science lab (Answered... sort of. A working workaround)

I am really sure this has been asked a zillion times, although I can't find the threads.

I do know that within the science lab there are noch IVA views.

And now, for whatever reason, I can't get my two kerbals out of there.

Ususally, a left click on the hatch did the trick. Well, it wasn't necessary during my career save (not that far advanced yet) so far, but now it is.

Also, left click on other hatches doesn't work as well.

So.... did something change between 0.23.5 and 0.24.2 that I am not aware of?

Or is one of the mods causing the trouble?

(KAS, Kethane, ScanSat, MechJeb, Chatterer, all latest downloads)

Is there another way to get them out of there?

Or am I just not hitting the "sweet spot"?

Oh, and an EDIT:

Nothing is obstructing the hatch. It is pretty open from all sides and there never were any struts across it.

Edited by Tokay Gris

I had the same problem as you. One workaround you can use is by clicking on the hatch through a MechJeb window. There's also a minor hack you can do to add a placeholder IVA (and thus crew icons), but I don't remember where the instructions for that are.

The only one of the mods you have listed that I never tried is the ScanSat. I don't currently have Chatterer installed. I do have the latest version of the other mods you're using and didn't have any problems with the hatch a few minutes ago. So try removing Chatterer and ScanSat one at a time as long as you don't have any parts from those mods on the ship and see if that fixes the problem.

It can be tricky to find exactly where to click on the hatch, it doesn't seem to fully correspond with the graphics.

Mods such as Crew Manifest let you transfer crew about, so you can shift your lab workers to a different module that way.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.