Final Contract modded challenge!

Kerbal Space Program Final Contract Challenge

Javascript is disabled. View full album

All ships are included in Final Contract.

Welcome to the Final Contract Challenge: a modded adventure pushing the limits of storyline and sanity for good video and pleasure!:cool:

Storyline:

367 years ago, the Kerbals started a record breaking space program. They have explored many of the planets, and have managed to return from *most* of them. Many regard it as Kerbanity’s finest hour. Unfortunately, fuel limitations on their home planet of Kerbin have caused them to move on… But now, the worrying expansion of the star means that the all-important science data on board the ships and probes of old must be used to develop the sun ray, a mythical device that has the power to manipulate the stars of the universe and save Kerbanity.

In order to preserve the lucky find of Erin, the rockets will be launched from kerbin.

(In short, Your task is to recover the three orange suit’s ships and recover them to Erin, before the star expands and crushes Kerbanity)

KSP final contract is a work in progress. Save download coming soon. Current Status: Parking Hype Train :D

Mods not included in download:

NEAR aerodynamics replacement or FAR

Planet Factory CE

Karbonite

KAS

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Mods included in download:

Alternative Tree Configurator + T-7 tech tree

Module Manager

Patch to add karbonite to PF planets

MM config to remove fuel from tanks automatically

Other stuff:

Savegame

Ships in the gamedata folder

Authors: AmigoGumball (me), MegaAstroGamer. Mods copyright their respective owners.

Trailer for Final Contract:

Scoring for the challenge:

Number of days left on the alarm clock x these modifiers:

Saviour- complete the challenge 1x

Ionception- recover bill's ion thingy with an ion powered craft 0.1x

Impatient- recover all landers with a mainsail powered craft 0.1x

Dangerously Impatient- Recover all landers with a kerbodyne advanced engine powered craft 0.2x

Environmentalist- don't use the nuclear engine, EVER 0.4x

Hot rod- recover the ablate probe *optional* 0.2x

Network operator- complete the challenge with remote tech installed 0.1x

Boffin- 0.02x for every tech tree layer complete

Hench- complete in iron man mode 0.4x

Faithful- complete the challenge using no probes 0.1x

PARACHUTES ARE FOR WHIMPS!- don't use parachutes to recover anything to erin 0.2x

If you don't complete before the alarm then your base score is 300 minus days overspent.

Leaderboard:

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10.

The "almost there" Leaderboard:

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10.

Download from my Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B45T9dRglmcBSXZaTnBRWjVqa00/view?usp=sharing

Note:The alarms do not transfer properly. If this is the case then set the alarm for 2 years. This is the deadline for the challenge.

Edited by AmigoGumball
Download Link Added!

oohh, I like the story line. Do you have pre-set ship locations? Or can I make some suggestions:

- Science base on eve

- Space station around moho (100km)

- run-out-of-fuel transport vessel around the sun (somewhere between jool and dres)

- Small space station around bop (30km)

- (dead) Lander on tylo or laythe

- Ship around ablate

- Asteroid base around sentar (57 degree orbit, 500km)

Just some suggestions. Now that I think of it, this would be great for a youtube series!

This sounds pretty interesting. I like story-based challenges. Can I suggest that you use [thread=93759]Alternative Tree Configurator[/thread] rather than Treeloader. r4m0n hasn't really been maintaining Treeloader recently and it's getting pretty creaky and buggy.

What about an option to FAR aerodynamics instead of NEAR? It's more realistic, and if anything makes the challenge harder for those of us who choose to use it.

Yeah that's fine if you want to use far, I just suggested near because I prefer it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.