Constructing large rockets

Hello

I've just recently downloaded this game, and I am impressed. It's a game with a lot of potential, and I look forward to playing it more and more as more features are released.

I seem to be having some difficulty with rocket construction, though. Specifically, there seems to be a limit to how large I can make a rocket due to the camera. In this thread: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=78.0, I can see that some people have made some very large rockets. When I try to make a rocket that big, I move the command part to the top of my screen and attach parts beneath it, but after adding some parts, the last parts I can add seem to be going through the floor. No matter which angle I rotate the camera to, there are only so many parts I can fit on the screen at once. It seems that if I could zoom out or move the 'center' of the screen up, I could use more parts. Am I missing something here?

I hope I've made sense in this post. Clearly this is a difficulty that others have not experienced or have found a way around. Someone please let me know what I can do to get around this camera problem.

Thanks in advance!

My laptop doesn't have scrollwheel functionality on the touchpad, instead I have to build big things by detaching lower stages and inserting new ones, the game needs some alternative camera controls. (Right clicking and dragging for rotation is also increadbly slow too)

My laptop doesn't have scrollwheel functionality on the touchpad,

Hey that would be the first laptop I ever heard about that didnt have it. Normally the very right and very bottom lines of the pad are used as scroll wheel's however there isalmost never any indication or documentation telling you this ;)

No, seriously, why don't you buy a mouse? Just a cheap one, that'll cost you less than a meal in a restaurant. And if you can't afford that, you should be doing other things than playing KSP anyway. Like looking for a job.

No, seriously, why don't you buy a mouse? Just a cheap one, that'll cost you less than a meal in a restaurant. And if you can't afford that, you should be doing other things than playing KSP anyway. Like looking for a job.

Maybe he can't have a mouse because of space issues ( ;P ) or simple doesn't like mouses.

I have an HP DV7 and scrolling on it is tricky, I have to use two fingers and either pinch or un-pinch them to scroll. Zooming in is putting the fingers on opposite sides of the touchpad and sliding them together ???. I bought a mouse though :D.

This is a thinkpad t510, whe I try to use the mousewheel functionality it's ignored by the game.

I've got the same laptop and I was trying to play with it earlier today. It's either 'hey give us control customization' or 'welp'.

This is a thinkpad t510, whe I try to use the mousewheel functionality it's ignored by the game.

For some reason IBM like mucking about with normal scrolling (or middle mouse) events. If you go to your UltraNav settings and poke about a bit with toggling smooth/non-smooth scrolling you may find it starts working.

But, yeah, more generally a PgUp/PgDn bind for panning the workshop view would be useful.

• 1 year later...