Scope Completion nearing?

Alright let me come out and say scope completion status is vague and can be interpreted many ways.

For the most part the devs have discribed it as having all the base elements into the game. Now most of those elements already exist in sandbox and career. There are fewer and fewer core elements needed to be added to career that the Devs have already given out. Yes there could be some that they haven't talked about and some that are still a maybe.

Now with the newest update I noticed a certain shift with a few things.

1. Production cycle is "faster" and not as large and bulky.

2. What didn't make it were part updates (sp mk3 parts)

3. This update sets a layout for the next one (upgradable buildings?)

Finally there have been mentions of the next update:

1. Kerbal careers will come next patch probably.

2. Biomes will also come to all bodies

3. Delayed SP mk3 parts will come.

Now the kerbal careers are part of scope completion, but the other two? Not so much rather they are upgrading what we already have. So we could be fed information about another big part of .26 but it seems as though the big stuff already has been given out. Now if what is given is what is going to appear (along with probably minor things) is this a sign of the devs going back over old work rather than building whole new sets of features? (Besides working on say another big feature)

In other words is scope completion nearing and is much closer than we think? As currently career is nearing its final form, with most of the heavy work being done.

Thinking about it career development could stop right now and it would be excellent for all player levels, with lots of dynamic gameplay, in space and on the ground. I personally don't see much more core gameplay elements being added beyond the ones proposed and assumed (kerbal careers, upgradable buildings)

This is assuming a lot and is just a discussion not a proposal. But I must admit I have called the last few updates and what they would focus on and how. (I predicted a quicker production cycle last update, and a focus on career the update before that) So its quiet possible that the in the next few updates we can reach scope completion. That is if these updates each carry a large fundamental element of the game.

As far as I can see there at two big ticket game engine/mechanics that still are non-existent..

One - Kerbels Kareers. As it stands the light guys aren't anything other than ballast. (good for at least 2 updates of work, plus lot of minor updates)

Two - Multiple Atmospheric flights. Oooohhhh... destructible buildings but your not going to trigger that except with a pretty wayward launch or landing. Drop a stage over 1500m and it's out of scope before it hits the ground. (so at least one update but would open up a few things that would probably be there own update)

Plus buckets of parts, environment and artwork to be built in over the updates.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.