Launch pad got destroyed - Day 1 in new career (0.25)

Spacedweller

Hi,

Had rocket just tumble over in launch pad, which lead utter destruction of it. First I was wow, cool explosion, AWESOME! :cool:

This is day 1 in new career game with HARD difficulty. So back to space center and lets put those kerbals to fix that Launchpad. WHAT ! NO WAY! :mad: Cost of repairing is 128 000 funds, most I had was 70 000 funds before accident. And there is not enough contracts or other means to get that kind of money.

Rocket has 13 parts, 1600 units liquid fuel total, 1 SRB RT-10 with only 20 units fuel for test flight. And this small rocket caused massive destruction to launch pad. And early on game you don't have access to launch stabilizer. (only once if you get the contract)

I think the launch pad it little bit too touchy about the damage, small rocket should not be able to level that concrete flat thing that easily.

Edited by KasperVld

I dunno, if NASA had a couple of fuel tanks blow up on the launch pad, they would probably get out the old concrete mixer too!

1 Shuttle launch managed to rip the lining out of the flame trench resulting in a repair job before they could launch from that pad again......

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.