Mk2 Compatable/Storable Inflatable Station Parts

CptRichardson

Taking from Porkjet and his Inflatable Habitat pack( http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/64442-0-23-5-Habitat-Pack-v0-4 ), I'm looking for help in developing a set of station parts/trusses/whatever that can fit within the cargobay module of a Mk2 fuselage. The intent being to create station designs that can be solely carted up via the Mk2 class of parts, to include Habitat Modules in several sizes, short/long trusses that may/may not be designed to extend, a science bay, and some other parts if someone is willing to go that far to help.

The intent of this is to fill a long-lacking gap within the KSP part spectrum and to provide assistance in developing design concepts as well as a good deal of the coding if anyone is willing to take me up in making this class of part.

Edited by CptRichardson

Will it be stockalike? Because if it will, I'm in!

Yes, I've decided on the plan of going with a modified version of the Mk2 parts. They are slightly more than 1.25m tall, and with fold up panels to allow them to expand upwards by approximately 1-1.25 meters, they could be turned into passable space station sections, and the design would theoretically let you lock them in place for added strength. Still working on a couple of concepts for how the mechanisms would work.

It just wouldn't make sense to use an mk2. You need to consider having a probe core and docking port. Plus the rcs + fuel to connect parts. I just think that's too much work reinventing the wheel.

Why not consider using b9 or one of the many space shuttle replicas and just using them. That will give you a reasonable amount of space to work with at least.

I would love to see inflatable parts that fit in a cargo bay, I just think the bays in the mk2 are too small to launch anything other than small probes

It just wouldn't make sense to use an mk2. You need to consider having a probe core and docking port. Plus the rcs + fuel to connect parts. I just think that's too much work reinventing the wheel.

Why not consider using b9 or one of the many space shuttle replicas and just using them. That will give you a reasonable amount of space to work with at least.

I would love to see inflatable parts that fit in a cargo bay, I just think the bays in the mk2 are too small to launch anything other than small probes

Hence why I'm going to using expanding Mk 2 fuselage sections instead.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.