Getting fustrated, about to just abandon KSP for another 6 months.

So I'm bac to KSP after 6 months, wanting to try the new features and I load up my favorite mods after downloading all the new versions. Then it crashes at launch. Okay, mut be some problem with the number of mods. I added a few new ones! So I trim my mod list and start up again. I grudgingly go back and trim even more mods, only getting mods I think are crucial; MKS and OKS and KWRocketry for instance. So I try this again, and it crashes. I get frustrated, delete KSP, and reinstall, returning and doing a fresh install of all the mods.

And another crash.

I'm getting frustrated out of my skull. I never had these problems in .24, but then again Roverdude didn't have that many mods, either. I don't know what clonflicts are going on, and I don't know what to do.

Error Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qv786v2ydotvxvy/error.log?dl=0

Mods Installed: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i2qjr7bgf6ehi2q/KSP%20Mods%20List.png?dl=0

Add Active Texture Management to your list of mods. You're probably running out of memory in KSP. Doesn't matter how much ram you have on your computer, 3.5GB is the absolute hardcap for KSP 32 bit. Active Texture Management effectively cuts your memory usage in half and is necessary with a lot of mods. Squad incorporated Space Planes Plus into stock which probably accounts for the increase in memory footprint.

So it loads up now but there is a major problem. When I enter the garage to build a ship, then leave it to go back to the space center, the game doesn't register left-clicks anymore. I can't exit to main menu, I can't reenter the garage... yet, oddly, I can open other things. I went into the contracts building, and it worked fine... then when I left it glitched to all hell, only making the space center fast forward bar appear at the bottom when I was still in the contracts building. The hell is going on with my game? THis happened before the fresh install, too... what mod is doing this?

check to make absolutely sure that you are using the 32-bit version and not the 64-bit version of KSP. This sounds like one of the issues I had when I was (stubbornly) attempting to make 64-bit work more reliably.

The version should be displayed in bottom right hand corner of the opening screens and will say "64-bit" if that is executable that is loading. I know your first error log shows ksp.exe which is the 32bit executable, however I just want to make sure between that error log and now it has not started loading 64bit

I love how you "threaten" to leave a relatively solid-built game because the independent and unofficial mods are crashing it.

Raptor pro tip: If your game is crashing a lot and you have mods installed, uninstall the mods and maybe do a fresh install of the base game before you go blaming SQUAD and KSP for your issues.

Edited by Greenfire32

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.