New game mode...

I saw news about BSG TV series 10 years old anniversary and idea hit me... in KSP we will have multiplayer and resources, so we could have new game mode called Survival.

How? Why?

Imagine that Kerbals are not smartest species in universe and they discovered space flights right before their resources ran out. On Kerbin they have just enough materials to build few large rockets and run small space program.

Main goal in this game mode wouldn't be making more funds by accomplishing more contracts, but simple discover more spots with resources and gather them.

To spare Devs work we should be able to sell resources, on Kerbin's market, for funds and buy rocket parts, it would be simpler that inventing and balancing new values of resources for each part.

For both single and multiplayer it should be fun to design crafts, space stations and send missions not only for science, but also for explorations, so we would know where to send ships for gathering.

All resources should be finite or not, depends on options set by player, for hard mode should be finite.

Starting amounts could be set in options by sliders like science starting points right now. Amounts of resources available in single spot could be set like science/rep/funds rewards also by sliders.

It could change a lot KSP gameplay, as part counts limit us greatly some would prefer to create fleet instead of single massive ship and in mid and late game they could wonder from planet to planet or try to gather everything they need from asteroids.

IMO it would be amazing for multiplayer sessions, for both cooperations between many people and for space run for resources for two or more opposite "factions" created by players. Who gets first to Mun or Duna resources spots, who gets farther :)

Also Kerbals should be finite in this game mode, that means if all your Kerbals die you lost.

What do you think?

hi !

This could be a "funable" mod , but i don't think we see some kind of mod until KSP release V1.00 or V1.1 .

The work of our modders is closer to the Devs work for the moment . But yes , if the mod you suggest rise up any day , i 'll be happy to test it !

One idea with the rules you suggest ! In a multi online game , 2 players ( or more ) , 2 ksc ( or more ) , one flag on the Mun , capture the flag , back to KSC ! The first win !

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.